Homemade Chocolate Pudding. This delightful pudding is always a treat and easy to whip up using common pantry ingredients. I usually top the pudding with M&M's. My mom's best chocolate pudding recipe made with cornstarch and cocoa.
Gather all of your ingredients before you begin. How Long Does Homemade Chocolate Pudding Last. Homemade chocolate pudding has to be stored in the fridge. You can cook Homemade Chocolate Pudding using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Chocolate Pudding
- Prepare 2 of egg yolks.
- You need 4 tablespoons of cornstarch.
- It’s 3 cups of whole milk.
- It’s 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
I like to store it in serving-sized plastic containers for ease. This homemade chocolate pudding is quite easy to prepare and what makes it so perfect is that most of the ingredients you will already have in your cupboards. Homemade Chocolate Pudding PopsWell Plated. freeze-dried raspberries, dark chocolate Homemade Chocolate Pudding PieSally's Baking Addiction. chocolate shavings, all purpose flour. This homemade chocolate pudding pie is perfect for allergy-friendly diets.
Homemade Chocolate Pudding step by step
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks together with the cornstarch and 1/2 cup of the milk until they are completely combined, with no lumps remaining. Set aside..
- In a medium saucepan, over medium high heat, combine the remaining 2 1/2 cups of milk, sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Heat until it is just about to a boil, whisking constantly. You will see steam rising off the liquid, and tiny bubbles forming around the edges..
- Remove the liquid from the heat, and slowly pour it into the bowl with the egg yolk and cornstarch mixture, whisking constantly. Pour the entire mixture back into the saucepan and bring it to a full boil over medium high heat, whisking constantly. Reduce the heat to a simmer and continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes, until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla..
- Pour the pudding into a large bowl, and cover with plastic wrap pressed directly onto the top of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving..
It can be soy-free Consider this chocolate pudding pie the tofu-free alternative to my Ultimate Chocolate Fudge Pie. Chocolate pudding is only made with a few ingredients, but each ingredient is imperative in the final texture and taste. This is the BEST chocolate pudding recipe you'll find. Made without cornstarch or vanilla extract, there's. Easy homemade chocolate pudding recipe just like Grandma used to make.