Caramel Bread Pudding. As my son says, it is like eating French Toast for dessert. 🙂 It is very much like French Toast with a lovely caramel sauce on it. We all like it warm best. Gently stir bread cubes into the egg mixture to coat.
Steaming can be done in a pan/pressure cooker/an electric rice cooker. Dry fruits like cashews/raisins/almonds enhance the flavor of this pudding. The smaller the better as then they can be easily mashed. You can have Caramel Bread Pudding using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Caramel Bread Pudding
- Prepare 1 slice of bread.
- You need 1/2 of egg (beaten).
- It’s 4 tablespoons of milk.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of butter.
- You need 4 of caramels chopped in small pieces.
- You need 1 of medium size ramekin.
Delicious and such a easy pudding which taste so yummy. It is one of the best desert you can make with bread. I have been eyeing on this recipe for a long time. And some of my viewers have been asking for bread caramel custard recipe.
Caramel Bread Pudding instructions
- Lightly grease the ramekin with butter and preheat the oven on 180°..
- Cut the bread in small pieces of 8..
- Mix beaten egg, milk, sugar, butter and vanilla essence. Whisk till the sugar is completely mixed and dissolved with egg, milk and butter. Add the caramels in this mix..
- Now add the bread in ramekin and pour the egg, milk and sugar mix into the ramekin. And lightly sprinkle brown sugar on the top..
- Now put it in the oven and let it bake for 10-15mins @ 180°. Take out when the bread is golden brown with bubbly melted sugar top..
- You can serve it warm with vanilla ice cream scoop or can be served chill. ENJOY!.
So finally i decided to give it a try and it was a total success. While the pudding is baking, combine all the sauce ingredient, except for the vanilla, in a saucepan and cook over medium heat. Cook until thickened and comes to a full boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. To serve, drizzle caramel sauce over the warm glazed pudding.