Caramel Pumpkin Flan. Find Deals on Flan Caramel in Baking Supplies on Amazon. The recipe is easily doubled or tripled, and the flan travels well, too. Just keep it refrigerated, and unmold right before serving.
Increase heat and bring to boil, brushing down sides. Pumpkin Caramel Flan – a silky smooth, creamy custard loaded with pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice, with a layer of soft caramel on top. As I write this post I think back to my day and how excited I was, because I knew our children, and their spouses, and all the grand-babies would be coming over. You can cook Caramel Pumpkin Flan using 19 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Caramel Pumpkin Flan
- Prepare of Pumkin Flan.
- It’s 4 each of eggs (extra large).
- It’s 4 each of egg yolks (from extra large eggs).
- You need 1 cup of sugar (brown, packed).
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 cup of milk (whole).
- You need 1 cup of cream.
- It’s 1 cup of pumkin puree (flesh from 1/2 small pumpkin).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of allspice.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of ground clove.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of orange zest.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- You need of Caramel.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 3 each of drops of lemon juice (light squeeze from half a lemon).
- You need 3 tbsp of pepitas (roasted salted hulled pumpkin seeds).
Farmer's Market Organic Pumpkin Make the Caramel. The mainstay of any flan recipe is the caramel topping. This gives the custard a sweet roasted flavor that can't be beat. Start with two cups of granulated sugar in a stainless steel frying pan.
Caramel Pumpkin Flan step by step
- Combine cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and orange zest with pumpkin puree..
- In a sauce pan, start to heat the milk and cream, but do not bring to a boil..
- Whisk together the eggs and egg yolks in a large bowl. Once the milk is warm, remove from heat slowly add to egg mixture, whisking continuously..
- Once incorporated, add the brown sugar, pinch of salt and vanilla and whisk until dissolved..
- Pour through a mesh strainer into another container that can hold the pumpkin puree as well and be refrigerated..
- Whisk to combine the spiced pumpkin puree with the egg mixture and chill at least 3 hours..
- Add 1 cup sugar and then 1/4 cup water to a sauce pan. Heat until the sugar dissolves then add lemon juice..
- Continue to heat, swirling the pan to cook evenly without stirring..
- Once mixture is a deep amber color, remove from heat and slowly add the remaining 1/4 cup water. The caramel mixture will bubble up. Using a heatproof spoon, stir to combine..
- Pour the caramel into the ramekins, allow to cool and chill until caramel has set..
- Divide the chilled custard into the ramekins and place in large roasting pan with at least 2" sides..
- Pour enough warm water into the pan to reach halfway up the ramekins and cover tightly with aluminum foil..
- Bake at 325°F for 30 to 35 minutes or until the edges are clearly set, but center slightly liquid..
- Remove from roasting pan and allow to cool on wire racks..
- Once cooled, cover and return to refrigerator to chill..
- When ready to serve, invert onto serving plate, drizzle any extra caramel over the flan and sprinkle with pepitas..
If pumpkin pie married caramel custard, their offspring would look like this pumpkin flan. Pumpkin Flan with Maple Caramel from Barefoot Contessa. This flan is convenient–it can be made in advance and kept refrigerated until ready to serve. Place pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, eggs, and milks in a food processor; process until. Pumpkin flan is an easy flan recipe that is creamy, silky, and smooth with a light caramel topping.