SHAHI TUKDE (rich bread pudding). Truly a royal dessert, as its name suggests, Shahi Tukra is a rich bread pudding with dry fruits, flavored with cardamom. It's simple to make and a great dessert for times when you're in a hurry. Shahi Toast is rich bread pudding.
Deep-fried bread absorbs a milk sauce seasoned with saffron and cardamom, all of which is covered by fried cashews, almonds, and pistachios in this dessert "This is a very famous Hyderabadi dish and is a very simple, but rich dessert. It is great for a large dinner party as the recipe can be easily multiplied. Shahi Tukda is a bread pudding Indian sweet of fried bread slices soaked in hot milk with spices, including saffron and cardamom. You can have SHAHI TUKDE (rich bread pudding) using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of SHAHI TUKDE (rich bread pudding)
- You need 7 of bread cut triangles (toasted it with or without ghee).
- You need (2 cups milk few saffron strings) of Cream milk.
- Prepare 2 of cardamom.
- Prepare 1 tbsn of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsn of cornflour dissolved with milk.
- You need of Sugar syrup:.
- You need 1 cup of sugar (can add less).
- It’s 1 cup of water few strings.
- Prepare of Saffron,.
- It’s 2 of cardamom and pinch of yellow colour.
- Prepare of Mawa milk:.
- It’s 1 tbsn of ghee.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 tbsn of milk powder.
- It’s 1 tbsn of cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
It is also known as Double ka meetha which is a popular dessert of Hyderabad, Telangana. There are various versions of this dish. Truly a royal dessert, as its name suggests, shahi tukra is an Indian bread pudding with dry fruits and flavored with cardamom. It's simple to make and a great dessert for times when you're in a hurry.
SHAHI TUKDE (rich bread pudding) instructions
- Make the sugar syrup with the above ingredients for sugar syrup. Now make cream milk(like custard) boil 2 cup of milk with saffron, cardamom, sugar then add the dissolved cornflour and mix well till little thick and creamy..
- Now make mawa milk… heat ghee on the pan and add milk, let it boil.. now mix milk powder, then add cream and sugar and mix.remove from heat..
- ASSEMBLE the toasted bread in deep dish, coat the bread with warm sugar syrup (all syrup)now pour the warm cream milk..
- Now with spoon drizzle all the mawa milk, decorate with pistachios and silver leaf(not aluminium foil) enjoy 😊 #newyoutuber #cookpad.
This Indian dessert is a Mughlai favorite that combines fried bread slices soaked in hot milk and spices. Shahi tukda / Shahi tukra is an Indian bread pudding dessert which has its roots in Mughlai cuisine. It is very similar to one of the popular desserts in Hyderabadi cuisine which is served at weddings and parties. Toast all the nuts, chop it and keep it aside. i personally do not like this bread pudding or shahi tukda recipe, just because i feel it is extremely sweet. having said that, this is my husband's favourite dessert recipe and he has a strong craving for it. i even prepare it with milk rusk or even with normal rusk for him and he even enjoys it. This easy traditional sweet recipe can be prepared in just a few minutes, and can be served with some roasted dry fruits and condensed milk.