Leche Flan (also known as crème caramel). I did forget to mention that I chilled my flan in the refrigerator over night before eating it. You can also invert it onto a. Caramel Custard Leche flan, crème caramel, flan, or caramel pudding is a custard dessert with a layer of soft caramel on top, as opposed to crème brûlée, which is pudding with a hard caramel top.
The first is caramelizing the sugar and the second is steaming the caramelized sugar and custard together. Leche Flan or Creme Caramel is a Filipino dessert made with egg yolks, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract. It is steamed in small baking pan called Llanera. You can have Leche Flan (also known as crème caramel) using 5 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leche Flan (also known as crème caramel)
- It’s 1 can of evaporated milk.
- It’s 1 can of condense milk.
- You need 5 tsp of of white or brown sugar.
- You need 5 tsp of water.
- It’s 6 large of eggs.
It resembles crème caramel and caramel custard. This delicious dessert is known throughout the world. It has been a regular item in the menu. Leche Flan or what is known as Spanish Flan outside the Philippines is a traditional Filipino dessert made of evaporated milk, condensed milk, and egg yolks.
Leche Flan (also known as crème caramel) instructions
- preheat oven to 375°F Fahrenheit.
- mix evaporated milk, condense milk and eggs in a bowl until it's smooth.
- mix sugar and water in a cooking pot..
- put the cooking pot on the stove..
- cook sugar and water. mix it making sure the sugar melts evenly..
- pour the sugar and water mixture into the leche flan pan..
- spread the sugar around the leche flan pan evenly.
- pour the milk and egg mixture into the leche flan pan.
- put the leche flan pan into a cake pan that is 1/2 full of water..
- put it all into the oven..
- bake at 375°F Fahrenheit for an hour.
- once it is done baking let it cool down..
- flip the leche flan pan upside down on to your serving plate to get the leche flan out. serve and enjoy!.
Aside from the basic ingredients, it is also normally flavored with vanilla and key lime zest. Is it the same as crème caramel? Flan (also called crème caramel or caramel custard) is a custard dessert with a layer of caramel sauce. Flan has been a staple of Mexican and Latin American cuisine since Spaniards brought it to Mexico during the Spanish occupation. Leche flan is the Filipino version of French creme caramel.