Flan Puerto Rican. This is the first Puerto Rican dessert on Kitchen Gidget. I knew it was time to remedy that situation and undoubtedly the most popular Puerto Rican dessert is flan. Today Well be featuring Puerto Rican Flan.
And his spanish is much better then mine. lol. Flan is a traditional Puerto Rican dessert. We've all eaten it and love it. You can cook Flan Puerto Rican using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Flan Puerto Rican
- Prepare of The Caramel.
- It’s 1 Cup of White Sugar.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Water.
- It’s of The Flan.
- Prepare 1 Cup of White Sugar.
- It’s 6 of Eggs.
- You need 2 Cans of Evaporated Milk.
- It’s 1 Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla.
Most of us are a bit weary of the task of making it. Add yours. "THE FLAN BEFORE THE STORM" Miss my Puerto Rican girl. Slice flan in small squares with spatula. With spatula , lift square flan off the pan and flip over onto a Puerto Rican Flan there is no sugar.
Flan Puerto Rican step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- For the Caramel, combine 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water in a glass measuring cup or other suitable microwavable bowl..
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes +/- depending on your microwave. Watch towards the end stopping when you reach desired color. Do not overcook and burn..
- Remove from microwave and pour into pans to be used. Tilt to coat bottom. Set aside..
- For flan combine sugar, eggs, evaporated milk, condensed milk and vanilla..
- Stir well taking caution to NOT stir aggressively which will introduce too much air. Too much air will create bubbles during cooking. It won't ruin it….but will put bubbles in it. Proper flan should be a solid custard with no bubbles. Got bubbles, enjoy anyway and make another!.
- Pour flan mixture over caramel mixture.
- Put into water bath "Baño de Marie". Make this by lining a larger vessel with a clean towel and putting flan pan inside..
- Pour hot water between the pans up to the halfway point of the Flan pan..
- Carefully put into 350° oven for 1 hr or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Use caution when removing from oven as hot water is still in the "Baio de Marie"..
- Allow to cool slightly, run butter knife around edge to loosen. Put a plate upside down over flan and invert. This will put caramel layer on top..
- ENJOY! And you never thought you could do this!.
All the of the sweetness comes from the creme of coconut and. Flan de vainilla (vanilla custard) is a traditional Puerto Rican dessert. It is a rich sweet custard baked with caramelized sugar. Get your dessert fix with any of these flans! Flan is a traditional custard dessert comparable.