AMIEs Special Leche Flan. Leche Flan or Creme Caramel is a Filipino dessert made with egg yolks, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract. Everyone in our clan always request her to prepare it during special occasions. Making your own leche flan can be easy if you follow the recipe below and watch the cooking video.
Remember: This is where some people fail in leche flan. Leche Flan or what is known as Spanish Flan outside the Philippines is a traditional Filipino dessert made of evaporated milk, condensed milk, and It is commonly served as dessert at Fiestas, holidays and other special occasions. Aside from the basic ingredients, it is also normally flavored with vanilla. You can have AMIEs Special Leche Flan using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of AMIEs Special Leche Flan
- Prepare of Caramel.
- You need 100 grams of brown sugar.
- It’s 50 ml of warm water.
- It’s of Custard.
- It’s 8 of egg yolks plus 1 egg white.
- Prepare 1 can of evaporated milk or fresh milk using the can of evaporated milk for measurement.
- You need 1 can of condensed milk.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract or lemon extract.
- Prepare 50 ml of sifted white sugar.
View top rated Special leche flan recipes with ratings and reviews. My Simple Custard Flan ( Filipino Leche Flan), Tres leches Flan, Basic Leche Flan, etc. The more caramel you pour into the molds the sweeter the leche flan.. ( The way to make Leche Flan and also Spanish Flan is by open-air. Leche Flan is the ultimate sweet treat!
AMIEs Special Leche Flan step by step
- Boil the brown sugar and water in a saucepan, stirring continously until the sugar is melted and turns golden brown. Pour the syrup into flan molds, make sure the whole surface is covered. Set aside to allow the caramel to harden..
- Gently combine all the custard ingredients in a large bow, first the eggs, condensed milk, fresh milk, sugar and vanilla. Strain gently into the caramel-lined flan molds..
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in a bain-marie. Bake in the preheated oven 160°C (325°F) for 60 minutes or until the mixture is firm. Cool and refrigerate for 4 hours before serving. Overnight is the best..
Leche flan is traditionally enjoyed chilled. Serve as an after-meal dessert, a midday snack, or as topping for iced desserts such as halo-halo or. Leche flan is traditionally steamed in the Philippines (where ovens were uncommon for many years), but baking it in a water bath is a great alternative if you don't have a steamer. Leche flan is popular Filipino dessert composed of custard atop a pool of easy homemade caramel, baked in a flan mold to creamy perfection. Leche Flan. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.