Caramel pudding (steam method). Caramel pudding recipe; a delicious traditional dessert with creamy caramel over silky custard. I am using my steamer or appachembu as it is known locally to cook the pudding. While the pudding is steaming, it is important that once steam comes, you should simmer the fire.otherwise the custard.
Delicious and such a easy pudding which taste so yummy. Do we need to take out the bread side part?. Do we need to steam in Idly cooker or just open vessel with water?can you please tell me if we can bake in oven with the time and temperature for it and preheat. You can cook Caramel pudding (steam method) using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Caramel pudding (steam method)
- You need 6 of eggs.
- It’s 1.5 cups of Milk.
- You need 8 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s 5 tsp of sugar for caramel.
Caramel Steamed Pudding: To make this delicious pudding you need to have the right caramel. Our caramel looks like a sea horse but this has no relevance to the recipe. This is a wonderful pudding that you'll enjoy To make your own steamer place a wire rack into a large pot and pour in boiling water. This easy-to-make pudding is popular all over India but made especially well by the Parsis, Mangaloreans (both from Western India) and the Anglo-Indians.
Caramel pudding (steam method) step by step
- Blend eggs, sugar and milk together in a blender..
- Take a big vessel and take little water just till a few centimetres above the bottom. Boil it properly..
- Take another flat bottom vessel that can easily fit inside the bigger vessel..
- Hold that vessel on a medium flame with a holder and heat the bottom. Add 5 tsp sugar till it melts and starts changing colour to brown..
- During the process keep rotating the vessel so that the caramelised sugar spreads evenly at the bottom of the vessel..
- Pour the mixture of milk, eggs and sugar to it. Place the vessel directly inside the larger vessel in which the water is boiling..
- Cover the lid of the smaller vessel and then cover the lid of the larger vessel..
- Keep the flame on medium to high and let it steam for 20 mins..
- After 20-25 mins switch off the flame and open the lid. Take the vessel out of the larger vessel and let it cool down a bit or use mittens to flip the vessel on a plate (do it by placing the plate on the top of the vessel in which pudding has been cooked and just turn it upside down so that the entire pudding comes out at once without breaking).
Pour this caramelized sugar into the pudding mold/pudding cups/ ramekin cups and swirl to coat the sides of the mold. When all of the eggs have been well combined into the mixture, carefully mix in the flour until well combined. Sprinkle the caramelised apples into the bottom of the prepared pudding basin. The Best English Steamed Pudding Recipes on Yummly Steamed Caramel Custard Pudding, English Pudding, Fail-me-never Steamed Pudding.