Caramel Bread Pudding. It is very much like French Toast with a lovely caramel sauce on it. We all like it warm best. Delicious and such a easy pudding which taste so yummy.
Tammie Peebles writes from Naples, Florida, "My mom gave me the recipe for this easy-to-make pudding. Caramel Bread Pudding Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Caramel bread pudding recipe with homemade caramel sauce and it is eggless version. You can have Caramel Bread Pudding using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caramel Bread Pudding
- It’s of For Caramel:.
- You need 1/4 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Water.
- You need of For Pudding:.
- It’s 4 Slices of Brown Bread.
- You need 1/4 cup of Raisins.
- Prepare 2 cups of Milk.
- You need 2 of Eggs (Beaten).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of White Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
I remember I ate pudding for the first time in a wedding feast,when I was studying in my lower primary. Serve the eggless caramel bread pudding warm or chilled. Smooth and delicate bread pudding, coated with a delicious caramel sauce, is a simple and stunning dessert at the same time. Made with bread, eggs, milk and sugar, the pudding can either be steamed.
Caramel Bread Pudding step by step
- Firstly, prepare the caramel. In a small pan, combine sugar and water. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Turn on heat to low. Caramelize until golden in colour. Transfer to a loaf pan or heat proof container. Set aside..
- Trim the edges of bread slices. Cut into small pieces..
- In a small bowl, add milk, sugar and vanilla extract..
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and add it to the milk bowl and mix well..
- Place the bread pieces in an even layer in the loaf pan over the caramel. Evenly sprinkle with the raisins. Pour the milk mixture over the bread, making sure to evenly coat each piece..
- Let it rest for sometime so that the bread gets soaked in the milk mixture. Place the loaf pan in a steamer and steam for 40 minutes or until the top of the bread pudding springs back after lightly touching it with a fork..
- Remove from steamer. Let it cool and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Invert, tap the bottom of the pan to loosen then lift the pan. Slice to serve..
Caramel apple bread pudding is the most comforting fall dessert. Mix most of apple pieces into bread-custard mixture. Transfer bread pudding mixture to prepared pan. When rich, custardy bread pudding is matched with bittersweet caramel, it's doubly delicious. To begin the preparation of Caramel Bread Pudding, tear the bread into pieces and add milk to it.