Caramel Flan. Find Deals on Caramel Flan in Baking Supplies on Amazon. In a small, heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, cook sugar, stirring, until golden. Flan (also called crème caramel or caramel custard) is a custard dessert with a layer of caramel sauce.
Flan is a popular creamy custard dessert in Spain and all over Latin America, and there are many versions of it. This particular caramel flan recipe is prized for its simplicity, so if you've never made flan before, now is the time to try! Creamy Caramel Flan is a traditional Mexican, Spanish, and Puerto Rican dessert. You can cook Caramel Flan using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caramel Flan
- You need 5 of Eggs.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Sugar for pudding.
- Prepare 10 Tablespoons of Sugar for caramel.
- You need 1 Cup of Milk.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Condensed Milk.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Cream for pudding.
- You need of Few drops of vanilla essence.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
It is a rich sweet custard baked with caramelized sugar. When I was a little kid, I would sneak over to my neighbor's house when she was making her famous flan. She was from Puerto Rico and made a traditional Puerto Rican flan. Flan, also known as crème caramel, is a rich, sweet custard topped with caramel sauce.
Caramel Flan instructions
- Firstly, put the water for boil in the pot and on the other stove put the Sugar in mould and cook until it melts..
- When Sugar melts it turns into brown, once it turns take it off from stove..
- Crack 5 eggs in a bowl and beat on normal speed..
- Add Milk, cream and drops of vanilla essence..
- Add Condensed milk and cinnamon.
- Pour into the mould..
- Put the mould on the boiled water pot and keep it on medium flame for 20-25 mins. Then check with tooth pick, it is settled or not..
- If it's settled, take it out from stove, cool it down and transfer it into the serving plate. Decorate and put it in the fridge. My girl decorate with cream. Serve after dinner at dessert time. Enjoy 😊.
It's similar to the French custard dessert, crème brûlée , only it is a bit denser and, instead of the brittle caramel top, the caramel is liquid. View Suggestions BACK TO TOP See all Scripps Networks Digital. This is a great one to make in advance as it really does need the time to set up overnight anyway and is meant to be served chilled. To keep the Flan fresh while in the fridge, just over it nice and tight with cling wrap. Both crème caramel ("caramel cream") and flan are French names, but flan has come to have different meanings in different regions.