Leche flan(cream caramel). Find Deals on Creme Caramel Flan in Baking Supplies on Amazon. The world calls this dessert Spanish flan but, in the Philippines, it is leche flan. Leche, Spanish for milk, is one of the dessert's two main ingredients.
Leche flan – beloved Filipino dessert. Leche flan or crème caramel is a custard dessert with a layer of clear caramel sauce on top. Leche flan can be steamed or baked; this is the baked version. You can cook Leche flan(cream caramel) using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leche flan(cream caramel)
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of shredded coconut.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of condense milk.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 of tspn ginger powder.
- You need 1 of tspn nutmeg powder.
- You need 1 tbspn of vanillah essense.
Leche flan is simply a Filipino version of creme caramel. It is a milk custard dessert made by baking a layer of caramel at the bottom of the custard mold. The custard is slowly baked in a water bath or steamed stove-top. Mix together everything but the sugar.
Leche flan(cream caramel) step by step
- Here are all u need.
- Start by making a syrup,add sugar +half cup water and boil till it browns a little,pour the syrup mix in into your moulds and allow to cool a little.
- In a bowl break eggs,whisk well,and add your condensed milk,whisk,and add ur ginger and nutmeg.
- Followed by ur shredded coconut(note coconut is optional).
- Add your vanillah essence and whisk.
- Pour the mix untop of your caramilized sugar and steam for 15mins,and tanaa you are good to ho.
- Enjoy best when chilled.
Separate the sugar evenly for each llanera. Slowly melt it on a low flame. In a small, heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, cook sugar, stirring, until golden. She is by all accounts, a great cook that unashamedly loves shortcuts. And this creme caramel has the cleverest shortcut you could imagine.