Leche Flan – Creme Caramel – Purin. Today's recipe is Purin! (Leche Flan / Creme Caramel) Japanese way to pronounce pudding. It called Purin in Japan, Leche Flan or Creme Caramel in different countries… However you call it, purin, flan, creme caramel, it's pretty much same thing. In Spanish-speaking countries and often in the United States, crème caramel is known as flan.
EASIEST EVER PURIN (Japanese Crème Caramel) Crème caramel (flan) is called Purin (プリン "pudding") in Japanese. Quick, creamy and smooth Purin in a frying pan I made it with my daughter. Creamy and smooth Purin (Pudding) recipe 🙂 You can use a mug to make this, too! You can have Leche Flan – Creme Caramel – Purin using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Leche Flan – Creme Caramel – Purin
- It’s of For the Caramel :.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of water.
- It’s of For the Custard :.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of half and half or whole milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1 of vanilla beans or 1 tsp vanilla extract.
Packaged crème caramel (flan) is available at Japanese supermarkets under the name Purin (プリン "pudding"). The world calls this dessert Spanish flan but, in the Philippines, it is leche flan. Leche, Spanish for milk, is one of the dessert's two main ingredients. Made with egg yolks, evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk, Filipino leche flan is a rich steamed custard topped with a syrupy caramel.
Leche Flan – Creme Caramel – Purin instructions
- Preheat the oven 300 degrees. Prepare around 2 to 3 cups of boiling water..
- Combine 1/4 cups sugar and 1 tbsp of water for caramel in a saucepan. Do not stir, just place on a stove over high heat. About 4 to 5 minutes later, the sugar mixture should start boiling. Let the mixture keep boiling over high heat, then it will start turning into brown Amber color. Swirl the pot slowly as needed to even it out. The whole process will take from 8 to 10 minutes..
- Immediately pour the caramel into ramekins equally. Swirl ramekins immediately as soon as you pour the caramel to spread evenly as you go. You need to move quickly, otherwise the caramel will harden. Set the ramekins aside..
- Into another saucepan, pour half and half and 1/2 cup sugar. Stir and place on a stove over medium heat. Make sure it’s not boil just hot and steamy. Stir occasionally as needed. Set aside..
- Crack eggs into a medium size mixing bowl. Cut vanilla beans (am using vanilla extract). Add into the eggs and beat the eggs with vanilla gently so the eggs won’t create too much foam..
- Slowly add still warm milk mixture into eggs while you are whisking the eggs. Strain the custard mixture through a fine strainer, just to ensure that it doesn’t have any clumps..
- Pour the custard mixture into the ramekins equally. Cover each ramekins with foil and place in baking dish. Pour boiling water into the baking dish, it should come to about 1/3 to 1/2 way up of the ramekins and cook for 40 minutes..
- Remove from the oven and remove the ramekins from the baking dish. Let it cool for 30 minutes to 1 hour the place into a refrigerator for at least 3 hour or overnight..
- When you are ready to serve, place a ramekin in a shallow dish with boiling water, this way the caramel will melt so it will come out from the ramekin easily. Run a butter knife or any thin knife around the edge and invert onto a large rimmed serving plate..
Vietnamese Flan/ Creme Caramel/ Custard Pudding recipe. Leche Flan (Creme Caramel/Purin) Recipe & Video! Dessert Mango Sticky Rice Recipe & Video. It called Purin in Japan, Leche Flan or Creme Caramel in different countries. However you call it, purin, flan, creme caramel, it's pretty much same thing.