Caramel Bread Pudding. It is very much like French Toast with a lovely caramel sauce on it. We all like it warm best. Delicious and such a easy pudding which taste so yummy.
Tammie Peebles writes from Naples, Florida, "My mom gave me the recipe for this easy-to-make pudding. Caramel Bread Pudding Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Caramel bread pudding recipe with homemade caramel sauce and it is eggless version. You can have Caramel Bread Pudding using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Caramel Bread Pudding
- Prepare 6 of " bowl or mould.
- You need 1/4 cup of Sugar (for caramel).
- Prepare 6 pieces of Bread.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Custard powder (flavour of your choice but I prefer vanilla).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sugar.
I remember I ate pudding for the first time in a wedding feast,when I was studying in my lower primary. Serve the eggless caramel bread pudding warm or chilled. Smooth and delicate bread pudding, coated with a delicious caramel sauce, is a simple and stunning dessert at the same time. Made with bread, eggs, milk and sugar, the pudding can either be steamed.
Caramel Bread Pudding instructions
- First grease the mould with butter.
- Melt 1/4 cup sugar in a pan to make caramel. You may add a little (1/2 tsp) water.
- Pour the caramel in the mould and keep it aside to be set.
- Cut the bread pieces into small portions and grind them in a grinder.
- In a bowl mix custard powder with the water.
- Heat milk in a pan over low to medium flame, add sugar (1/2 cup) and mix.
- Add custard mixture and mix well, make it thick.
- Add bread powder to it slowly and stir constantly.
- Pour this mixture in the mould on the caramel, cover it with an aluminium foil.
- Heat water in a large saucepan / steamer, place a stand in it. Place the mould on the stand and steam over medium flame for 40-50 mins. Then insert a toothpick in the custard, if it comes out clean then it's done. Turn off the heat and take out the mould..
- After that bring it to the room temperature and keep in the fridge for 2-3 hrs.
- Then flip over a plate, the custard comes out, garnish it with cherries / dry fruits and serve chilled..
Caramel apple bread pudding is the most comforting fall dessert. Mix most of apple pieces into bread-custard mixture. Transfer bread pudding mixture to prepared pan. When rich, custardy bread pudding is matched with bittersweet caramel, it's doubly delicious. To begin the preparation of Caramel Bread Pudding, tear the bread into pieces and add milk to it.