Chhena Pudding With Caramel. Chhena poda literally means Roasted Cheese in Odia. Chbena poda is made of well-kneaded homemade fresh cheese chhena, sugar, cashew nuts and raisins, and is baked for several hours until it browns. Chhena poda is the only well known Indian dessert whose flavor is predominantly derived.
This is a crowd pleasure and a family favorite of ours and now yours too ! This recipe makes use of egg, however you do not even smell the egg. the smell is nicely countered by the caramel and the. Delicious and such a easy pudding which taste so yummy. You can cook Chhena Pudding With Caramel using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chhena Pudding With Caramel
- It’s 1 cup of homemade chhena.
- You need 6 cups of full fat milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of condensed milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg + 2 egg yolks.
- Prepare of For caramel.
- Prepare 2 table spoon of sugar.
- It’s 1 tea spoon of water.
It is one of the best desert you can make with bread. I have been eyeing on this recipe for a long time. And some of my viewers have been asking for bread caramel custard recipe. Caramel Cake with Caramel Icing Recipe from The Food Charlatan.
Chhena Pudding With Caramel instructions
- Boil the milk in a pan on low to medium heat till it gets reduced to 3 cups. Keep stirring in between..
- Add 1/2 cup sugar to it and stir until the sugar melts, switch off the flame and let it cool.
- Take the chhena in a mixing jar and make a smooth paste add the reduced milk to it and churn once more to get a thick paste.
- In a small pan put 2 table spoon sugar and add 1 teaspoon water to make the caramel, keep it on low flame till you get amber colour thick sugar caramel.
- Pour the caramel in the pudding bowl when it's hot and let it cool in the pudding bowl.
- In a bowl take one egg and two egg yolks and beat to a smooth texture, Now add condensed milk add chhena milk mixture to it and beat for some time add vanilla essence.
- Sieve the mixture to get a smooth pudding texture (it is very important), pour it into a pudding bowl and cover it.
- In a steamer put water to boil and keep the pudding bowl on a perforated plate and steam it for 40 minutes, after 40 minutes keep the bowl on kitchen platform let it come to room temperature.
- Keep it in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours and serve it chilled.
Bake until pudding is puffy all over and golden. Sauce– In a saucepot over med. Caramel pudding recipe; a delicious traditional dessert with creamy caramel over silky custard. How to make caramel pudding recipe with step photos Recipe source: Amma. A wide variety of caramel pudding options are available to you, such as fruity.