Caramel Bread Pudding (Eggless). The smaller the better as then they can be easily mashed. Slice and serve caramel bread pudding once its refrigerated. you can top the pudding with caramel sauce or chocolate sauce. Caramel bread pudding recipe with homemade caramel sauce and it is eggless version.
It is one of the best desert you can make with bread. I have been eyeing on this recipe for a long time. And some of my viewers have been asking for bread caramel custard recipe. You can cook Caramel Bread Pudding (Eggless) using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Caramel Bread Pudding (Eggless)
- It’s of For Caramel.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 3 tsp of water.
- It’s of For Bread Pudding.
- You need 4 of bread slices.
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2-3 tsp of custard powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of melted butter/ghee.
So finally i decided to give it. I had bookmarked this recipe even before I tried the caramel pudding with eggs, but totally forgot about it. When few readers and friends asked for a eggless and nobake version I remembered the bookmark and finally. Its been freezing here and although the sun pops up, the cold winds just spoils the whole day 🙁 but I've just got used to these situations and fluctuating temperatures.
Caramel Bread Pudding (Eggless) instructions
- In a saucepan melt sugar(1/4 cup) and water on a medium heat. Once the sugar turns golden brown, remove from the heat..
- Pour it (caramel) into a baking tin/pan you want to steam the pudding with..
- Swirl the tin/pan to spread the caramel evenly at the bottom. Brush the sides of the tin/pan with the melted butter/ ghee. Set aside..
- Heat milk and sugar on a pan. Now make a liquid of the custard powder by adding little water and add it to the milk. Remove from the heat..
- Next add in chopped up bread slices, vanilla essence and a pinch of salt. Whisk till it forms a fairly smooth custard..
- Now pour the custard mix over the caramel on the tin/pan. Cover the tin/pan with aluminum foil or plastic wrap. Poke some holes in it for steam vents and steam it in a steamer for 30-35 minutes..
- Cool and refrigerate the pudding for 2 hours..
- Then unmould, slice and serve..
How to Make Eggless Bread Pudding. Let the bread pudding cool to warm then cut into squares and serve with whipped cream. Tammie Peebles writes from Naples, Florida, "My mom gave me the recipe for this easy-to-make pudding. Combine water and brown sugar; pour over bread. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over bread.