Cream caramel custard(flan). Find Deals on Creme Caramel Flan in Baking Supplies on Amazon. Check Out Caramel Flan On eBay. What is Flan / What is Creme Caramel?
What sets this custard apart and gives it its name is the caramel sauce it's baked in. Creme Caramel, or milk leche, or custard flan, is an international favorite. The variation of names is a testament to how far-reaching across the globe this favorite dessert really is. You can have Cream caramel custard(flan) using 3 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cream caramel custard(flan)
- It’s of The caramel:1/2 cup of sugar and 5tbsp of water.
- Prepare of The milk:400ml milk,11/2 tbsp of sugar,1tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of The eggs: 2large eggs,3 egg yolks,21/2 tbsp of sugar.
From the Philippines to Spain, from Puerto Rico, to India, each country has it's own version of the popular creme caramel custard, with varying ingredients. That's the difference between flan and crème caramel? There is no real difference as they are practically the same egg custard dessert. In French, the name of this dessert is crème au Caramel.
Cream caramel custard(flan) step by step
- Heat oven to 140 degree c and greese your ramekins with,butter.
- Making of the caramel: place the sugar in a small non stick pan and heat on a vry medium heat until the sugar turns to golden brown.Have the kettle on ready for boiling water. While still heating it as soon as it starts to bubble add 5tbsp of boiling water.Note:b carefull when adding d water.The caramel mag spit slightly and it will b hot.Swirl the caramel around in d pan so it is combined with d sugar and turn off the heat.Pour the caramel into each ramekin,evenly sharing into 4.
- Tilt the ramekins so DAT d caramel will cover the entire bottoms,place the ramekin In a baking tray and lavel cold water on a tray like 2-3cm up sides of it.,set it aside.
- Making the milk:heat the milk and sugar in a pan on a gentle heat.whisk the 2eggs and the 4yolks together with sugar on a medium speed,try not to whisk it so hard to avoid lots of bubbles,when the milk has started to boil transfer back to the measuring jug,keeping the mixer on a very low speed,vry slowly add d milk until everything is combined,add vanilla, place sieve over the measuring jug and transfer ur mixture back into d jug through d sieve.
- By sieving d mixture, u will remove a lot of bubbles and also any bits of cooked egg lumps.This is the part which will give u a smooth,silky,velvety texture so don't skip it.
- Pour the mixture into the caramel ramekins, make sure ur water level in the baking tin is up to 2-3cm high,cover the baking tin with foil gently transfer to d oven nd gently cook for 45mins.
- When cooked,rmv frm heat and allow it cool then turn the each ramekins up side down, remove it den ur custard flan s ready.
There are many variations and flavors of the recipe, for example: chocolate, coffee or coconut. It's similar to the French Crème Caramel and also referred to as a Caramel Custard. It is also akin to Crème Brûlée except instead of the solid, crisp caramel topping, a flan has a liquid caramel topping. The word flan is derived from the Latin flado meaning a flat cake or object and can be traced back to the Roman Empire. Brush down crystals on the side of the pan with additional water as necessary.