Caramel Payasam/Kheer. Rice Kheer Recipe, Caramel Milk Kheer, Caramel Paal Payasam, Caramel Rice Kheer, kheer recipe video #Kheer #Payasam #CaramelPayasam #CaramelKheer Ingredients for caramel Kheer Milk (full cream. Caramel dessert is a unique recipe of dessert which is scrumptious to eat. It is a dessert which is made up of caramelized sugar and basic Kheer.
I have also added some Ragi Grits to this. My MIL shared this recipe with me after watching in a TV show hosted by Revathi Shankaran. This kheer recipe is only for Caramel lovers. You can have Caramel Payasam/Kheer using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caramel Payasam/Kheer
- It’s 3 cups of Milk -.
- You need 3/4 cup of Sugar -.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Rice (washed)-.
- Prepare as required of Raisins Nuts and -.
- Prepare to fry of Ghee Nuts.
It tastes very similar to "Lacto King" chocolate with a mild orange color & an awesome smell of caramel. Let me tell u what is caramel for beginners sake. Caramel is nothing but the sugar. I have this payasam tried few times but i chose to post it today to celebrate a special event.
Caramel Payasam/Kheer step by step
- Heat a heavy bottom pan. I used cooker.Heat it..
- Once the cooker is hot, add 1 1/2 tbspn of sugar into it and let it caramalize..
- Once the sugar turns golden add 1/4 cup water to it. Carefully pour the water and slowly as it splatters..
- When it comes to boil add Milk and Washed Rice,close the lid without whistle and cook for 2 1/2 mintues in medium heat and for 15 mintues in low heat..
- After 15 mints add remaining sugar and Nuts and Raisins fried in ghee and cook for further 5-7 mints..
- Serve Hot or chilled.It tastes delicious when chilled..
- Note: You can use Raw rice or Basmati Rice..
Mix well and cook until the rice is cooked well and the payasam is slightly thick. Then add in the cardamom powder, fried nuts and raisins. Mix well and remove from fire. A different method of making TASTY SUGAR CARAMEL RICE PAYASAM / KHEER. Kya ese shi kiya ja sakta h. aapki recipe bhut acchi hoti h pr aaj pta nhi mere se kya galut hua jo kheer shi nhi bni.