Easy & Homemade! Caramel Tablets for Custard Pudding.
You can have Easy & Homemade! Caramel Tablets for Custard Pudding using 2 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy & Homemade! Caramel Tablets for Custard Pudding
- Prepare 100 grams of Granulated sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of + Water.
Easy & Homemade! Caramel Tablets for Custard Pudding instructions
- Heat the granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons of water over medium-high heat. (It's less likely to fail if you use granulated sugar rather than caster sugar.).
- After a while, it'll start to bubble and turn translucent. Prepare water in a large bowl to cool the pot..
- Here, it has started to brown. Once it has started to brown, it gets burnt quickly, so keep your eyes on it! Prepare 1 tablespoon of water..
- You will see less bubbles after a while and that's the sign to finish. When it turns nice brown color, turn off the heat immediately, and add 1 tablespoon of water. It tends to splatter, so be careful!.
- Put the bottom of the pot in the large bowl with water, and let it cool a little. By doing so, you can prevent the caramel from browning further after you remove it from the heat..
- Drop 1 spoonful of caramel at a time on parchment paper. If the caramel in the pot turns hard, heat up a little!.
- I made 52 tablets this time. When preparing large custard puddings, use 2 tablets per serving..
- I put the caramel tablets between 2 sheets of cling film to store. Roll up the cling film and keep them in the fridge..
- They look like this photo. Apparently, you can coat them with granulated sugar and keep them in a jar to prevent them from sticking together..