Caramel Kabocha Squash Pudding. This creamy custard pudding isn't as overwhelming sweet as commercial purin, instead relying on fresh kabocha squash for flavor and sweetness. Inspired by flavors that are often used in combination with American pumpkin desserts, I've incorporated maple syrup into the caramel at the bottom of the. Mix granulated sugar and water in a saucepan by tilting the pan.
Serve the pudding at room temperature straight from the dish. Kabocha squash is a sweet-tasting winter squash with pale orange flesh. Have you made the acquaintance of the kabocha squash? You can have Caramel Kabocha Squash Pudding using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Caramel Kabocha Squash Pudding
- Prepare of For the pudding liquid:.
- It’s 4 of Eggs.
- Prepare 200 ml of Milk.
- You need 200 ml of Heavy cream.
- You need 130 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 340 grams of Kabocha squash (net weight).
- You need 5 of to 6 drops Vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 of Cinnamon.
- You need of For the caramel syrup.
- You need 50 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of water.
It's my favorite of all the squashes. It's so thick and sweet, it's like you're chewing on nature's carb candy. From kabocha salad, creamy kabocha soup, kabocha stir fry to kabocha squash pie, this Japanese pumpkin is amazingly versatile! View more videos from Happy Hour Review.
Caramel Kabocha Squash Pudding instructions
- De-seed the kabocha squash , cut up into bite sized pieces and put in a heatproof container. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave until tender..
- Mash up the kabocha squash while it's still hot with the back of a fork. Be careful not to burn yourself..
- Put the eggs and sugar in a bowl and mix well. Add the milk, cream, vanilla essence and cinnamon, and mix again..
- When everything is mixed well together, add the mashed kabocha squash and mix some more. If you want the pudding to be totally smooth, strain it. The pudding liquid is done..
- Make the caramel. Put the sugar and water in a small pan and simmer. When it has become caramel colored, pour into the mold while it's still hot..
- The caramel with harden right away. Once it does, pour the pudding liquid into the mold, and bake in a 170°C oven in a hot water bath for 50 minutes..
Kabocha squash is is that for me- I just can't get enough of it! Place kabocha squash wedges cut-side up in a baking pan. This very healthy squash pudding or crustless pie would make a very good side dish for Thanksgiving dinner. It's vegan, so anyone can enjoy it without worry! The combination of apple and kuri kabocha squash is the main secret ingredients which taste a verity than other vegetarian puddings.