Caramel Custard – The perfect custard pudding. Who doesn't enjoy a good dessert? This video is a step by step guide to make the perfect Caramel Custard! This scrumptious Custard Pudding is made from simple ingredients, eggs, sugar and milk.
Japanese caramel custard pudding is called "Purin". Purin calls for only a few ingredients and is easy to make. No special and oriental ingredients nor equipment required. You can cook Caramel Custard – The perfect custard pudding using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Caramel Custard – The perfect custard pudding
- Prepare 4 of Eggs.
- You need 2 Cups of Milk (room Temperature).
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 3 Teaspoons of Vanilla.
- It’s 4 Tablespoons of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Butter.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of water.
So people outside of Japan can easily cook Japanese sweets right at home! Caramel custard is a rich and decadent caramel dessert and it has a smooth and creamy texture. After cooking this custard, you will feel proud that you are the perfect Sue chef of your home. This caramel custard has an unusual twist.
Caramel Custard – The perfect custard pudding instructions
- Beat the eggs and sugar well..
- Add in the milk to it and beat on medium till all of the sugar is dissolved..
- Now add the vanilla into it and mix well.Keep aside.
- Take a small pan on the stove and add about 4-5 Tbls of sugar and heat it till the sugar becomes brown and starts to melt. Add the butter into it once the sugar has melted and is brown..
- Wait for the butter to melt and mix well with the caramelized sugar..
- Now add in the water (be careful at this point as it tends to crystallize due to cold water hitting the hot, very hot sugar) and stir it continuously till it reaches a thick consistency of a caramel sauce..
- Pour this into the bowl so that whole of the bottom of bowl is nicely coated with the caramel sauce..
- Now pour the milk-egg mixture over this carefully so as to not to disturb the caramel sauce much..
- Double boil this mixture for about 10 min or till its cooked..
- Refrigerate it for 3-4 hrs and de-mold it just before serving..
- Note: Increase the sugar if you want it sweeter. And don't forget to taste it while you make it!.
The layer of yummy caramelized sugar on the bottom of the. the recipe for caramel custard or caramel pudding recipe is extremely simple and is made with very basic ingredients. basically, the sugar is caramelized to thick and used as a base and added first to mould. to this, the custard sauce is added later steamed and chilled till it gets the shape. it may take. Shake cup gently to loosen custard. Caramel syrup will run down sides of custard, forming a sauce. Custards are pretty easy to make, but they need a little tender loving care when they bake. Slow cooking and gentle heat in a water bath helps to prevent curdling.