Caramel Bread pudding. It is very much like French Toast with a lovely caramel sauce on it. We all like it warm best. Delicious and such a easy pudding which taste so yummy.
Tammie Peebles writes from Naples, Florida, "My mom gave me the recipe for this easy-to-make pudding. Caramel Bread Pudding Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Caramel bread pudding recipe with homemade caramel sauce and it is eggless version. You can cook Caramel Bread pudding using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Caramel Bread pudding
- It’s 1/2 cup of Regular sugar.
- Prepare 400 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Custard powder.
- Prepare 4-6 of Bread.
- You need As required of Chocolate syrup(optional).
I remember I ate pudding for the first time in a wedding feast,when I was studying in my lower primary. Serve the eggless caramel bread pudding warm or chilled. Smooth and delicate bread pudding, coated with a delicious caramel sauce, is a simple and stunning dessert at the same time. Made with bread, eggs, milk and sugar, the pudding can either be steamed.
Caramel Bread pudding step by step
- In a nonstick pan add 1/2 cup of sugar and melt it on low to medium flame. When the sugar turns golden brown remove the pan from the heat and immediately pour and spread the formed caramel into a tin..
- Boil milk in a pan and add sugar. Now make a liquid of custard powder by adding a cup of lukewarm water and add this custard mixture to the milk..
- Remove the corners of the bread and put bread in a grinding jar to make bread crumbs..
- Add the bread crumbs to the milk. Give it a nice mix till it gives a semi-thick smooth texture. Off the flame..
- Pour the custard mix over the caramel in the tin. Cover the tin with aluminum foil and steam it in a steamer for about 30 minutes..
- Bring the pudding on room temperature and then refrigerate it for two hours..
- Easily unmould the pudding and serve [with chocolate syrup on top(optional)]..
Caramel apple bread pudding is the most comforting fall dessert. Mix most of apple pieces into bread-custard mixture. Transfer bread pudding mixture to prepared pan. When rich, custardy bread pudding is matched with bittersweet caramel, it's doubly delicious. To begin the preparation of Caramel Bread Pudding, tear the bread into pieces and add milk to it.