Baked Flan / Caramel Pudding. Find Deals on Flan Caramel in Baking Supplies on Amazon. Bread Pudding is one of the easiest and delicious dessert you can make. Also, it is the best way to use any left over slices of bread.
Whether you call it custard caramel, flan, pudding, creme caramel or Brazilian flan I f you love puddings that are not too sweet but has just the right amount of bitterness and sweetness to heighten the overall flavor of the dessert. A caramel custard pudding baked in the oven is just THE pudding for you. Purin pudding is a Japanese egg custard pudding, similar to a flan. You can cook Baked Flan / Caramel Pudding using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Flan / Caramel Pudding
- You need 5 of eggs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 8 tbsp of sugar for caramel.
The pudding is made with eggs, milk and sugar, served chilled with caramel sauce. There are two main ways to make purin pudding. One is to bake it in the oven. The other is a no-baked version made with gelatin to firm up the pudding.
Baked Flan / Caramel Pudding step by step
- Heat 8 tbsp sugar in non stick sauce pan for caramelizing on medium flame. When it reaches nice golden color, remove from flame. (Do not make it too dark as it will taste bitter. Pour the prepared caramel into ramekins or moulds of your preference. Let it set aside.
- Add 5 eggs and 1/2 cup sugar in the blender and for couple of minutes, then add milk & vanilla essence in it and blend well. (We don’t want to get too much froth into mixture as it may cause foamy layer on top when baked).
- Pour this mixture into the prepared ramekins. Place these ramekins in a baking tray and fill that tray with hot water up to quarter of the dish Bake it in 320 F preheated oven for 40 – 50 minutes. Once done, let it cool Carefully run a knife or spatula along the sides of the ramekin Place a plate over the pan, then slowly turn it upside down. Now Your baked Flan ready to serve.
Try it out an let me know your thoughts in the comments below. ** IN THIS VIDEO I KEEP THE PYREX DISH ON THE STOVE. Caramel pudding recipe; a delicious traditional dessert with creamy caramel over silky custard. Caramel custard is my favorite pudding. Eggless caramel custard recipe with step-wise pictures. Caramel custard pudding is a popular dessert with smooth caramel on top of silky custard pudding.