Butter Scotch Pudding. While the recipe makes four you'll be hard pressed not. Deciding to make a real homemade dessert one night, I mixed up this pudding. It's from my favorite cookbook with a few added tweaks—and.
In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add enough milk to make thick paste. It fills you up with only a small portion. You can cook Butter Scotch Pudding using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butter Scotch Pudding
- Prepare of For Caramel.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 pinch of Baking soda.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Ghee.
- You need of Layers.
- You need of Nuts.
- You need 3-4 slices of Bread.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Milk.
- You need 1 cup of Whipping Cream.
I poured the pudding on the left straight into this little bowl. The pudding on the right, I cooled, whisked until smooth and then folded in. You can (probably) use half and half in place of the milk and cream if you like. In a medium saucepan, gently whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and salt.
Butter Scotch Pudding instructions
- Take sugar in a pan and melt it on low flame till it gets golden.Add baking soda and mix properly..
- Add ghee in above mixture..
- Swirl some of this mixture on nuts and cover them properly and put it aside for later use..
- In remaining mixture add balai (boiled milk cream). Mix it properly till no lumps remain..
- Butter scotch is ready..
- In a silver bowl beat whipping cream till soft peaks forms..
- Add butter scotch and nuts(step 3) in whipped cream..
- Cut corners of bread slices and dip them in milk (+ 1Tbsp butter scotch mixed in milk). And place them in serving tray..
- Add cream mixture prepared in step 7 above the bread and level it..
- Garnish accordingly with remaining nuts. Chill and serve..
We won't judge if you drink a little bourbon while it's spinning.. Lisa Sewall, the pastry chef and co. For the best texture, cook it until the custard. It's packed with the flavors and they're better as an after dinner treat.