Bread Pudding. Our bread pudding recipe is delicious and simple to make, full of flavour. In Canada they eat bread pudding with maple syrup. That's something we can definitely get on board with!
Bread pudding is a bread based dessert that is popular in many countries. It wasn't in my mother's rotation of recipes growing up, so the only other exposure I'd had to the dish was the occasional trip to a cafeteria-style restaurant with my. The secret to incredible bread pudding with a soft middle and crisp edges starts with leftover dinner rolls. You can have Bread Pudding using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bread Pudding
- You need 6 slices of white bread.
- Prepare 1.5 cup of Boiled milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of custard powder.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of milk powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ghee.
- Prepare of For caramel.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of water.
- Prepare of For garnishing.
- You need As needed- of Cherry.
- Prepare leaves of Mint.
- Prepare of Some almonds.
Brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg will fill your kitchen with sweet aromas and sweet memories of happy faces around your table. Pour bread mixture into prepared pan. Bread Pudding is home cooking at its best! Bread pudding is very similar to a baked french toast recipe in ingredients and cooking method.
Bread Pudding instructions
- Heat a pan add sugar and 2 tbsp water. Stir well. Cook it till it turns brown. Turn off the flame and keep aside. Your caramel is ready..
- Now cut the sides of bread and grind it into the jar. Take a pan add boiled milk and sugar and heat it. In another bowl take custard powder and 1/2 cup milk and mix it well. When milk starts boiling add custard mix and stir well. Then add milk powder and give it a nice stir. Boil it till it becomes thick. After that switch off the flame and add bread crumbs. And mix it well..
- Now in a pudding mould add ghee and spread it well. Now pour the caremal then pour the bread mix. And steam it on medium flame at least 10-15 minutes..
- After steaming wait for sometime then demould it on serving plate and garnish with cherry and mint. And serve it..
In my house, that means that if I'm serving it in the morning for a special brunch, I call it Baked French Toast. A great way to use up stale loaves of bread, we have fruit-filled sweet recipes, cheesy savory recipes and more great bread. I have included the brown sugar sauce and lemon sauce recipes to serve with this pudding. Being one of the millions allergic to poultry I came up with this so I could have bread pudding too. Sweetened Condensed Milk Bread Pudding Sauce Recipes.