Cinnamon bread pudding with vanilla cream. A beloved recipe for bread pudding, rich with milk and eggs, and chock-full of raisins, was found tucked away in a family Bible for safekeeping. It has a smooth vanilla sauce for serving warm over the pudding, too. This is my go-to recipe for bread pudding.
The changes I make is that I substitute chopped pecans for the raisins and cinnamon for the nutmeg. I also add a teaspoon of vanilla extract. The vanilla sauce is wonderful with it. You can cook Cinnamon bread pudding with vanilla cream using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon bread pudding with vanilla cream
- Prepare of bread pudding.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- It’s 4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1/2 loaf of bread.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s of vanilla cream.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s 3 cup of cream or cream for whip cream.
- It’s 1 tbsp of granulated sugar.
You can see there are a lot of uses for this versatile sauce. Try it with this recipe for Custard Bread Pudding. The bread pudding sauce adds a silky, smooth layer for extra indulgence. How to Make Cinnamon Bread Pudding..
Cinnamon bread pudding with vanilla cream step by step
- Pre-heat oven @180°c.
- Cut the bread into cubes & place in a bowl (big or small as preferred).
- In a seperate big bowl mix well the eggs, milk, brown sugar & cinnamon powder using a whisker.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the cubed bread, mix well until all of the bread coated with the liquid mixture. Set aside for approx.5 minutes until the bread soak the liquid.
- Once soaked, pour the bread mixture into a baking plate & place the baking plate on top of a baking tray.
- Fill the baking tray with hot water (the bread pudding should be bake in a bain-marie method).
- Bake for approx.1 hour or until golden brown @180°c oven.
- To make the vanilla cream is as followed :.
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer or a whisker, mix cream/cream for whipped cream, sugar & vanilla essence. Mix in a high speed until becomes a foamy whip cream.
- Once done, set aside to chill in a fridge before use.
- Once pudding done, add a dollup of the chilled vanilla cream.
In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, heavy cream, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt until completely combined. Pour this mixture over your bread chunks in the cake pan, and press the bread down gently to make sure it's all coated in the custard. Place raisins in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Drizzle with half of the chocolate; top with remaining bread. Over the years bread pudding has been known for being a way to use up day old or stale bread.