Blueberry Bread Pudding. This delicious Southern blueberry bread pudding boasts out-of-this-world flavor and eye appeal. Bread pudding dotted with blueberries has a soft center and a crunchy top. It's not to sweet so go ahead and top it with the easy caramel sauce.
This bread pudding is very versatile, easy to make and turns out delicious. I agree with previous reviewers that the cream cheese does not add anything. Bread pudding started as a clever way to use up stale bread. You can cook Blueberry Bread Pudding using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Blueberry Bread Pudding
- You need 10 slices of bread.
- Prepare 2 pound of bluberries.
- You need 3-4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream or….less if using 1/2.
- It’s of Up to 4 tablespoons vanilla extract.
- You need of Up to 1.5 tablespoons almond extract.
- It’s 5 tablespoons of truffle honey.
- It’s of Truffle butter.
- It’s of Blue agave instead of sugar.
- Prepare of Confection sugar.
Unfortunately, most recipes call for heaps of white bread, sugar, and cream – which doesn't feel so clever or healthy. Serve this bread pudding recipe warm out of the oven for a breakfast. This bread pudding is named after a town near Trout Point Lodge that sells much of the local wild blueberry harvest. This delicious blueberry bread pudding is made with fresh blueberries.
Blueberry Bread Pudding step by step
- Cut the slices of bread into small squares also use crust, pan should have melted truffle butter on bottom first..
- Mix the eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract, 1/2, blue agave and truffle honey together with whisk. Start dipping the pieces of bread into the mixture and line the bottom of baking dish. I used a lasagna tray..
- Then once the bread covers the bottom of the pan, start loading the beautiful blueberries..
- Add some confection sugar on top of the blueberries..
- Layer the top with more bread after dipping in the mixture. And add more blueberries on top. Add a little more confection sugar. Cover with foil..
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350°, take out and allow to cool..
- Enjoy with whipped cream on top. Hot or cold, it is a delicious dessert..
Try this recipe for tasty Bread pudding is an excellent way to use leftover stale bread. Typically, the bread is then scattered with raisins and the custard has a little nutmeg or other warm spices in it, but Casa SK has a bit of a blueberry situation right now, and her name is Anna. Share: Rate this Recipe Best made with fresh berries "preferably wild." This unbaked pudding is also a treat made out of season with frozen berries. There are opinions about Blueberry Bread Pudding yet. This recipe is OFF THE HOOK.