Brioche Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce. A leftover half-loaf of brioche can yield the most rich, yet easy bread pudding, taken over the top with homemade salted caramel sauce. (Jump to Recipe) You know how on cooking competition shows like Chopped, whenever they do the dessert round, someone invariably makes a bread pudding? Let the bread pudding cool on the stove top for several minutes. Dish bread pudding out into individual serving cups and drizzle with caramel sauce.
To distract myself from the first of many long nights, a few remaining slices of last week's brioche quickly became chocolate pecan brioche bread pudding! Topped with chocolate chips, pecans, and a drizzle of salted caramel sauce (because everything is better with caramel!), this is one indulgent dessert. Bring on all the salted caramel! You can cook Brioche Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brioche Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce
- It’s 1 loaf of Brioche Bread (about 8 cups when cubed).
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 5 of eggs.
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of Caramel Sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of half and half (or 2T cream/2T milk).
- It’s 2 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of salt.
There's something so comforting about a warm bowl of bread pudding. To make this bread pudding with bourbon sauce, cut half a loaf of day-old bread into cubes. If you can find challah, use that. If you can't, use a rich bread like brioche or literally any light bread you have on hand.
Brioche Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 2 quart baking dish with butter, or spray with nonstick spray. My dish measures about 8×11 or so. (9×13 is too big for this in my opinion). Arrange bread cubes in baking dish to fit snug together and as evenly layered as possible..
- Wisk together sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon until well combined. Pour evenly over bread in baking dish. Using the back of a spatula gently press bread down into liquid. Let sit 15-20 minutes for bread to soak up a good amount of the liquid. Press down gently once more (do not "squish")..
- Place in oven. Bake uncovered 45-55 minutes, or until just set in the center and top is golden (mine was 50 minutes). If edges start to brown too much you can loosely cover them with foil, but do not cover the dish completely (you'll get a soggy top)..
- While baking, make your caramel sauce. In a small sauce pan over medium heat wisk together brown sugar and half & half. When it starts to steam wisk in butter until melted. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes, wisking constantly so not to burn. You are looking for it to thicken slightly and turn a nice "caramel" color (it will thicken even more as it cools). Remove from heat and set aside..
- When bread pudding is finished remove from oven. Drizzle caramel sauce over the top. Let cool at least 15 minutes before cutting to serve hot. Or let cool completely then cover tightly with foil. Refrigerate overnight and serve cold. This is how we like it, and frankly I find it tastes best this way!.
Then, whisk the eggs, whole milk, heavy cream, sugar, extract, and salt. Brioche Bread Pudding With Bourbon-Caramel Sauce Sweeten up this traditional dessert with a homemade sticky-and-sweet sauce. Get the recipe for Brioche Bread Pudding with Bourbon-Caramel Sauce » Bake until pudding is puffy all over and golden. Bring to a boil, and remove from the heat. Whisk in the salt, vanilla, and milk.