Caramel Custard Pudding 🍮. This scrumptious Custard Pudding is made from simple ingredients, eggs, sugar and milk. Let's make the caramel sauce for custard pudding. This will make it easy to remove the pudding from the cups.
No special and oriental ingredients nor equipment required. So people outside of Japan can easily cook Japanese sweets right at home! Caramel pudding recipe; a delicious traditional dessert with creamy caramel over silky custard. You can cook Caramel Custard Pudding 🍮 using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Caramel Custard Pudding 🍮
- It’s of For the caramel:.
- Prepare 70 gr of granulated sugar.
- It’s 35 ml of water.
- It’s of For the custard:.
- You need 70 gr of granulated sugar.
- It’s 400 ml of whole milk.
- It’s 150 ml of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 2 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract (optional).
How to make caramel pudding recipe with step photos Recipe source: Amma. My husband and I have enjoyed this dessert many times which everyone will love. by far, my favourite treat! Each country has its own version of names also known as custard pudding, creme caramel, caramel custard or leche flan. Here you will be able to achieve a very smooth and creamy texture.
Caramel Custard Pudding 🍮 step by step
- In a pot, add sugar and 2 Tbsp water. Heat the pot over medium-high heat. Add the rest of the water gradually and cook the sugar until it turns dark amber. Don’t stir. Just swirl the pot occasionally. Remove from the heat..
- Immediately pour the caramel into four 6-ounce ramekins. Set aside..
- In a big bowl, whisk the eggs. Set aside..
- In a pot, heat the milk, whipping cream, and sugar over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat. Let the mixture cool for about 10 minutes..
- Gradually add the milk into the eggs and whisk in the rest until it’s all incorporated..
- Add vanilla extract. Mix well..
- Strain the mixture into a pitcher or large measuring cup..
- Pour the milk mixture into ramekins. Cover them with aluminum foil..
- Bake in a 350 F preheated oven using Au Bain Marie system (put the ramekins in a big baking pan which has filled with 1 inch height hot water) for 40-45 minutes or depends on how big your ramekins are (since I used small bottles I only baked the pudding for 25 minutes only)..
- Enjoy! 😋.
Purin (Caramel Custard Pudding) is a popular Japanese dessert. "Purin" means "pudding" in Japanese. Although it's called pudding, it's more like a flan. Purin is very popular in Japan. You can easily find them in restaurants, grocery stores and even convenient stores. The ingredients are easy to fetch from ur pantry with no mess, it comes out perfect everytime.