Chocolate mousse. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! Find Deals on Chocolate Mousse Mix in Food & Snacks on Amazon. With the easy pulse of an electric blender, this rich, brandy-enhanced chocolate mousse can be whipped up in a jiffy.
Don't be intimidated—if you've ever heated milk on the stove to make a cup of hot chocolate, you'll find the basic cooking principles for chocolate mousse to be very similar. Chocolate mousse has very few ingredients so it's important to use the best quality chocolate — its flavor will shine through. I like semi-sweet chocolate but if you prefer your mousse with a darker chocolate flavor, use bittersweet. You can cook Chocolate mousse using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate mousse
- It’s 150 of grm coarsely chopped(75% dark chocolate).
- You need 350 ml of whipping cream (cold).
- Prepare 3 of egg whites.
- You need 30 of grm sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Remember, the higher the cacao percentage, the less sweet the chocolate.. Chocolate mousse is the ultimate dessert for any chocolate lover. Chill metal mixing bowl and mixer beaters in freezer. Whisk together yolks, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a metal bowl until combined well, then add hot cream in a slow stream.
Chocolate mousse step by step
- On low heat melt chocolate in a large bowl set over a bain marie or in a double boiler.
- Remove from heat.Add cocoa powder and vanilla extract.Mix well and keep aside..
- Beat the cream until it forms soft peaks. Keep aside at room temperature..
- Whisk egg whites to soft peaks.Gradually add sugar and continue whisking until firm..
- Fold the egg whites into the melted chocolate.When the whites are completely incorporated, fold in the whipped cream.
- Spoon into individual bowls or glasses. Top with sweetened whipped cream if desired..
- Cover the mousse and refrigerate until set..
- Serve cold..
Less cream, more chocolate, a more intense chocolate flavour and a beautiful creamy mouth feel. Heat until chocolate is fully melted and mixture is smooth. Chocolate mousse is the decidedly decadent, old-school dessert you've been overlooking for far too long. This Chocolate Mousse Recipe is THE BEST! I have made Chocolate Mousse before…but have never really found a recipe that I liked.