Dishlycious Homemade Banana Pudding. This post may contain affiliate links which won't change your price but will share some commission. What sets this banana pudding apart from contemporary versions is the silky homemade egg custard. Place the banana pudding under the broiler.
Homemade banana pudding made from scratch, with cooked custard, bananas, and Nilla Vanilla Wafers. A variation of banana pudding is pineapple pudding. My Aunt Ola Belle used to make the banana pudding recipe with vanilla wafers, cooked custard, and pineapple. You can cook Dishlycious Homemade Banana Pudding using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dishlycious Homemade Banana Pudding
- It’s 2 cup of milk.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of corn starch.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3 of bananas.
- You need 45 of vanilla wafers.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- You need 1 of container whip cream.
Banana pudding is a mainstay here in the south. It shows up at just about every single event there is. Homemade custard is not absolutely necessary but it really is a huge difference from the shortcut version, so I highly suggest that you give the custard a try. I'm a snacking kind of person.
Dishlycious Homemade Banana Pudding instructions
- In a small pot mix together the sugar cornstarch and salt then add eggs mix well.
- add milk simmer on stove stirring until thicken for about 5-6 mins.
- let cool put in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- mean while cut 3 bananas and squeeze lemon juice on them right before you assemble the pudding ..
- layer pudding cookies banana end with topping with whip cream and I drizzle Carmel on top … enjoy.
I need my mid-morning snack, mid-afternoon snack, and my before-bed snack. That's why I love this homemade Banana Pudding recipe. It's so simple, takes a few ingredients (that most of us already have on hand) and it can be. No worries if it's hard to find whole vanilla Do I need a trifle dish to make this? This banana pudding recipe is about as much of a comfort food in the South as it is a dessert.