Jamaican Cocktail Bread Pudding. Find Deals on Bruces Bread Pudding Mix in Baking Supplies on Amazon. Little did I know that there was no rule to making pudding except it must be sweet, presentable and just as yummy as it looked. In a large bowl, whisk together vanilla pudding mix, milk, rum, lime juice, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves until no lumps remain.
The first bite will surprise you how yummy the pudding is. It is usually made from crumbs of white or brown bread. The crumbs are textured are several days old. You can have Jamaican Cocktail Bread Pudding using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jamaican Cocktail Bread Pudding
- You need 12 slice of Bread (Cut in small cubes).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 can of fruit cocktail mix (drained).
- You need of Custard.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 quart of Cow's Milk.
- It’s 5 medium of eggs.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 can of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1 2/3 tbsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of rum or rum cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sherry.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need of Glaze.
- It’s 1/2 cup of orange juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 oz of rum (optional).
Jamaican Bread Pudding: Many of you may not think that Bread Pudding is a Jamaican dessert, but you have to remember that Jamaica was a colonial country run by the British for a long time. As a result a lot of our food has English influences or origins, like bread pudding. For me, what makes my recipe Jamaican is the combination of spices we love and, of course, a tablespoon of Jamaican white. Breadfruit Pudding Mix together the sugar, coconut milk, spices, salt, wine, egg and the melted margarine; whisk to dissolve sugar granules.
Jamaican Cocktail Bread Pudding step by step
- Heat oven at 350 ° F.
- Grease a med bread pan with butter.
- Combine bread cubes, cocktail mix and cinnamon in a container..
- Place coated cubes and fruits in Greased pan..
- Heat and cool milk then mix with all other ingredients for custard..
- Pour milk mixture over bread cubes..
- Allow to rest for 15-20mins so cubes may absorb the custard..
- Bake for 45-50mins.
- Combine ingredients for glaze over flame in a small saucepan until slightly thicken..
- Take pudding from oven, brush with glaze and put to cool..
- ENJOY with a scoop of your favorite ice cream :-).
Combine the crushed boiled breadfruit, flour and the raisins. Add the liquid mixture to the breadfruit mixture and mix well. Tip: If you want a custard on top (in Jamaica, it is called "matta top pudding or wetty-wetty- top). Remove the pudding from the oven after one hour and pour the mixture on top of bread pudding. Return the pudding to the oven and continue baking for twenty-five more minutes.