Lemon Bread Pudding. Call it bread pudding and devour it still warm with a luscious lemon sauce. The lemon sauce on this one is awesome! The bread pudding itself was also great but the lemon sauce was the best.
The Pioneer Woman's lemon bread pudding recipe adds lemon and lightness—but keeps all the feel of comfort food. The recipe is blissfully simple, too. Bread pudding is my favorite dessert. You can cook Lemon Bread Pudding using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lemon Bread Pudding
- Prepare 4 cup of bread cubes, not fresh but slightly dried, the better the bread the better the pudding, though any bread will do.
- You need 1 cup of lemon curd, I used homemade but store bought is fine.
- You need 4 of large eggs, I used 5 small eggs.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of milk, I used 2% but any would be fine, or a combination of milk and cream, the higher the fat the richer the pudding.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract, or lemon extract for more lemon flavor.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of powdered sugar for dusting.
This version is lemony and very moist. Old-fashioned bread pudding gets a new flavor twist with lemon pie filling. MORE+ LESS Lemon Bread Pudding Recipe. I must say that the fresh lemon and blueberries in this bread pudding has helped me come out of the winter blues.
Lemon Bread Pudding step by step
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Lightly grease a deep 9"x9" baking dish, or similar size, with butter.
- In a large bowl, toss bread with lemon curd to coat.
- In a separate bowl, wisk eggs, milk, sugar, and vanilla till combined and sugar is dissolved.
- Add mixture to bread and toss so that all bread is covered, let sit 1 hour or overnight in refrigerator.
- Bake 45 min covered with foil, then 15 minutes uncovered to brown the top.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve with fresh fruit.
This is light and custardy, almost soufflee-like. . . It puffs up nice and light in the oven. This wonderful Lemon Curd Bread pudding starts with a generous portion of lemon curd. You can use homemade lemon curd or buy some that is already made, so long as it is a good quality curd that has. The lemon flavor makes this sweet bread pudding refreshing.