Cheese Flan ( Puertorrican Flan). There's coconut flan which is very popular with a flavorful twist, and then there is cheese flan which is made with cream cheese. Puerto Rican flan de queso is like flan met cheesecake and they had the most scrumptious love baby. Silky smooth, lush, slightly dense…the cream cheese adds a mild tang which keeps this flan from becoming too sweet.
There is no doubt that if you attend a Puerto Rican party or dinner you will find flan on the table. This smooth cream cheese flan topped with a golden brown caramel is an elegant dessert that can be baked and chilled until serving. This smooth cream cheese flan topped with a golden brown caramel is an elegant dessert that can be baked and chilled until serving. You can cook Cheese Flan ( Puertorrican Flan) using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheese Flan ( Puertorrican Flan)
- It’s 1 can of Evaporated milk.
- You need 1 can of Condense Milk.
- It’s 8 oz of cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 dash of canela.
- It’s 3 large of eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with a mixer at medium-high speed until soft. Add condensed milk, evaporated milk, coconut cream, sugar and vanilla; mix until combined. Flan de Coco (coconut flan) with an easy to make caramel sauce! Each piece is a slice of tropical heaven!
Cheese Flan ( Puertorrican Flan) instructions
- Preheat oven at 350°f.
- Cook 1 cup sugar in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat, and cook, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until sugar melts and turns a light golden brown. Quickly pour hot caramelized sugar into a 2-quart flan dish. Using oven mitts, tilt dish to evenly coat bottom and sides. Let stand 5 minutes. Sugar will harden..
- In a blender add the milk, condense milk and eggs, mix well and add the cheese and remaining ingredients, blend well..
- Bake in (bano de maria) mari bath, for 1 hour or until knife comes out clean..
- Let it cool overnight, enjoy!.
Flan is one of our favorite desserts around here and it comes in so many flavors. My favorite flavor is always whichever one I'm eating! We've got Flan de Queso (Cheese Flan), which I swear is better than cheesecake. Place pan in "bano de Maria". Bano de maria is a larger pan that has an been filled with an inch of water.