Mama's Banana Pudding. It's just not banana pudding if it isn't my Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding recipe! This banana pudding recipe calls for bananas, french vanilla instant pudding, sweetened condensed milk, whipped cream, cream cheese, and cookies. In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer.
This recipe for my Mama's famous Banana Pudding has layers of fresh bananas, creamy pudding, vanilla wafers & whipped cream. With one secret ingredient, you will be on your way to making the best banana pudding, ever! Pour half of the pudding over the wafers, spread out with a spatula, and layer with half of the banana slices. You can cook Mama's Banana Pudding using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mama's Banana Pudding
- You need 1/2 gallon of Whole milk.
- You need 8 of each Eggs separated. Beat the yolks.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Vanilla.
- It’s 5 of each Bananas.
- It’s of pudding ☝️.
- Prepare of Meringue 👇.
- It’s 8 of each Whites.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Cream of tarter.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Vanilla.
Top with the meringue, spreading it evenly. We have put an indulging spin on the traditional banana pudding recipe. This treat is so yummy, you won't be able to stop eating it! Plus, it is quick and easy to create!
Mama's Banana Pudding step by step
- Cook the pudding (except for bananas) on low heat about 10 minutes. Don't boil & don't over cook or you'll scramble yolks..
- Beat the meringue until stiff peaks..
- Line 13×9 pan with nilla wafers. Pour pudding over it, cut bananas into it & top with meringue & broil until brown.
- Believe it or not I don't put bananas in mine b/c I don't like bananas & I love this recipe..
Not to mention, if you bring this to a party, you won't be bringing any back home. Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding [ssba] Jump to Recipe. The title of this recipe is so fitting! This is the best banana pudding I've ever had! This comes from Paula Deen's The Lady and Sons Just Desserts cookbook.