Chocolate Haupia Pie. This pie is a chocolate coconut lover's dream, very rich and delicious. this recipe is AWESOME! it tastes just like teds bakery chocolate haupia pie in hawaii! thanks traci. A chocolate haupia pie combines the popular dessert with rich chocolate and fresh-baked pie crust for an even more delectable dessert. Chocolate haupia pie is a Hawaiian dessert favorite.
Mix remaining half with the melted chocolate and pour in bottom of pie crust; pour reserved half on top of chocolate layer. Chef Jason Hill travels to the North Shore of Oahu to sample one of Hawaii's greatest treats — the chocolate pie at Ted's Bakery. Chocolate pie borrows a bit of Hawaiian culture with its use of coconut milk to create a creamy chocolate pie and traditional coconut topping. You can cook Chocolate Haupia Pie using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Haupia Pie
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 can of Coconut milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Coconut extract.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of corn starch.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of semisweet chips.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1 of Chocolate shavings.
So how about a Chocolate Haupia Pie? Chocolate haupia pie is a popular pie found in Hawaii. It's a rich chocolate pie with a coconut Haupia Pie is a widely popular pie found in Hawaii. It can have many different variations but the most.
Chocolate Haupia Pie instructions
- preheat oven to 350.
- combine milk, coconut milk, sugar & extract in a pan, bring to a boil then a low simmer.
- combine water & starch in a separate bowl.
- slowly add the starch mix to the pan.
- melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- separate the cream mixture in half. add melted chocolate to one half.
- add the chocolate mix to the crust,, then the other half as a second layer..
- refrigerate for 5-8hrs to set..
- top with whipped cream & chocolate shavings.
Halvah apple pie apple pie brownie donut cheesecake. Brownie muffin pastry cupcake cake dessert chocolate cake. That's fine and good and all, but sometimes I like graham cracker crust more than pie crust. I also like individual mini-sized desserts. Mix chocolate into one of the bowls of coconut pudding, then pour mixture into the pie crust, spread Recipe courtesy of Hawaii Magazine writer Kalei Talwar.