Cheese Flan (Spanish Cheese Custard). Best Spanish Cheese – A One-Stop Guide. Spanish Flan is a creamy, baked egg custard dessert that is widely popular in Spain and in other areas around the world as well. It is an easy dessert to In Rome, you would be able to find both sweet and savory (cheese, spinach, seafood) flans being enjoyed.
Serving suggestion – serve with a scoop of dulce de leche ice cream – you can't go wrong! The tremendous variety of Spanish cheeses stems from Spain's geographical and climatic diversity. Flan is a popular vanilla egg custard from Spain. You can cook Cheese Flan (Spanish Cheese Custard) using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheese Flan (Spanish Cheese Custard)
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Pure Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 1 packages of cream cheese.
- You need 1 can of evaporated milk.
- It’s 1 can of condensed milk.
- It’s 3 tbsp of water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of of sugar.
- Prepare 4 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1 dash of of salt.
This delicious, sweet, and light dessert is topped with caramel sauce and is rather easy to make. You can find it served everywhere in Spain and it's not as difficult to make at home. Holiday Series – Southern Style Macaroni And Cheese- Ridiculously Cheesy. A wide variety of cheeses are made throughout the country of Spain.
Cheese Flan (Spanish Cheese Custard) instructions
- In a blender combine the eggs, salt, milk and vanilla extract..
- Soften the cheese in the microwave for 15 seconds, cut into chunks and add to the blender and mix well..
- Make the caramel, in a round 9 inch aluminium pan, add the sugar and water then on high heat start stirring until it becomes golden. Remove from fire as it can burn easily. Wear protective gloves as caramel can reach high temperatures,.
- Pour the mix in the pan and cook in a bain-marie for 45 minutes. The easiest way to do this is to user a bambu steamer! If you don't have one you can improvise by using a large pot with lid. Put in about 1/2 inch of water and place the pan inside bring to a boil and cover, cook for 45 minutes..
Some of the Spanish cheeses are internationally renowned, such as the Manchego cheese of La Mancha. Cream Cheese Flan Flan de Queso is a smooth cream cheese custard topped with a decadent layer of homemade caramel. Serve chilled for a sweet finale to your next family. Spanish cheese-making traditions go back thousands of years. The smoked cheeses of Cantabria in northern Types of Spanish Cheese.