Orange Creme Caramel. This Orange Caramel Custard (Crème caramel à l'orange) is part of our New Series: Essential – Remove the orange creme caramels from the ramekins – Flip them upside down on a plate – Add. The Orange Creme Caramel recipe out of our category Tropical Fruit! This pudding can be made with lemon instead of orange; either way, the citrus adds a haunting wisp of flavour.
In a bowl, whisk together eggs, egg yolks, sugar, orange rind and vanilla. Orange zest in the creme caramel (custard) and balsamic in the caramel syrup make this dessert ideal for those who shy away from the super-sweet of the more intimidating creme brulee. Stir in hot milk, orange rind and vanilla. You can have Orange Creme Caramel using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Orange Creme Caramel
- Prepare of dish.
- You need 4 of egg yokes.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of whole egg.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Grand Marnier.
- It’s 2 tsp of orange zest.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 3/4 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 pinch of of salt.
Pour into pan over caramel mixture. Crème caramel is really popular in Mexico. Orange zest sharpens the flavour in this recipe from Thomasina Miers, which a little tequila in the caramel gives it a richer, deeper flavour. If yes, then try this Orange and Creme Caramel recipe that is ideal for anniversaries and birthdays.
Orange Creme Caramel instructions
- Place sugar in sauce pan and melt over medium high heat, stiring regularly until all the sugar is melted. Then simmer, only shaking pan until liquid turns a deep amber brown.
- Pour the caramel into 4 ramekins, dividing evenly.
- Carefully lift the ramekins and swirl caramel to coat sides. place ramekins in baking dish and fill dish with water to half the height of the ramekins.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup sugar, egg yokes, egg, Grand Marnier and salt.
- In a sauce pan, heat the milk and cream until slightly bubbling.
- Slowly add a portion of the cream/milk mixture to the egg mixture, whisking constantly. Once the egg mixture has been warmed by some of the cream/egg mixture add the rest, whisking constantly, divide the custard evenly between the 4 ramekins.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Bake until center jiggles slightly, about 35 minutes.
- Carefully remove baking dish from the oven and let ramekins cool in the water for 30 minutes.
- Remove from water, wipe dry then cover each ramekin with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- To serve, run a knife around the edge of the ramekin to release the custard then place a plate on top and invert. Lift the ramekin off the plate shaking a little if necessary.
In a frying pan, gently melt half of the caster and let it brown. Pour this caramelised sugar into four individual ovenproof ramekins and swirl to distribute sugar evenly. Crème caramel (French: [kʁɛm kaʁaˈmɛl]), flan, caramel custard, egg pudding or caramel pudding is a custard dessert with a layer of clear caramel sauce. Stir in hot milk, orange rind and vanilla. Pour into pan over caramel mixture.