Kheer/Rice Pudding. Kheer is the original rice pudding, which became part of western cuisine through the British. I like this, but my husband and son didn't (too 'spicy' for them). I didn't have enough coconut milk.
Learn how to make Indian Rice pudding (One of the most popular Indian dessert) made using milk, rice, sugar, saffron and green cardamom. Kheer is an Indian version of rice pudding cooked with milk and sugar, flavored with nuts and saffron. Rice pudding recipe With step by step photos – i had made this delicious rice pudding with leftover The rice pudding is known by different names. in north India, this dessert is called as rice kheer, in. You can have Kheer/Rice Pudding using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kheer/Rice Pudding
- It’s 1/2 cup of Basmati Rice soaked.
- You need 1 kg of Full cream Milk.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 4 of cardamom.
- You need 1 cup of roasted dry fruits(almonds, pistachio, cachew, raisins).
Kheer or Payasam is an Indian favorite dessert for special occasions. Kheer Rice Pudding is a deliciously creamy Indian dessert pudding. Traditional Kheer is quite laborous, but my recipe makes Keyword: Black Rice Pudding, Kheer Recipe, Kheer Rice Pudding. Traditional cardamom-scented Indian rice pudding owes its particular richness to the inclusion of whole milk, which has been reduced by half during the cooking process to.
Kheer/Rice Pudding step by step
- Take a thick pan and start boiling milk. Add cardamom powder, can also add few shells..
- On first boil add rice and keep stiring on medium flame for about 40 minutes or till the milk is reduce to 1/4 of original size..
- Add sugar and stir well. It will again get slim consistency..
- Add chopped nuts and mix everything well. The color will be little rosy or gulabi of the Kheer by now. Shouldn't be too thick also. Remove from flame after 5-7 minutes..
- Serve cold or hot as per preference. Garnish with some almond shavings..
It's good hot, cold, runny, thick, with cashews, with fresh fruit, with raisins, for breakfast I always have made a rice pudding with leftover rice that was cooked normally (anything. After making this creamy dessert once, you'll likely find yourself making it again and again. It's a celebratory dessert, yes, but it's also humble enough to serve as an everyday. Kheer recipe – Rice kheer is a one pot traditional Indian sweet dessert made for festivals Chawal ki kheer or rice kheer is a traditional rice pudding made for most occasions in Indian homes. Kheer, a creamy rice pudding, is one of my favorite desserts to make and eat.