Caramel Bread Pudding. It is very much like French Toast with a lovely caramel sauce on it. We all like it warm best. Delicious and such a easy pudding which taste so yummy.
Tammie Peebles writes from Naples, Florida, "My mom gave me the recipe for this easy-to-make pudding. Caramel Bread Pudding Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Caramel bread pudding recipe with homemade caramel sauce and it is eggless version. You can cook Caramel Bread Pudding using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caramel Bread Pudding
- It’s 4 of milk toast bread (cut into small squares).
- You need of Custard ingredients:.
- You need 3 of whole eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbs of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/8 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 10 gr of or 1 tbs (15gr) unsalted butter.
- Prepare 125 ml of heavy cream.
- Prepare 275 ml of low fat milk.
- You need of Caramel Sauce:.
- It’s 3 tbs of tbs sugar.
- It’s 1 tbs of water (mix with sugar).
- Prepare 1/8 cup of water (later purpose).
I remember I ate pudding for the first time in a wedding feast,when I was studying in my lower primary. Serve the eggless caramel bread pudding warm or chilled. Smooth and delicate bread pudding, coated with a delicious caramel sauce, is a simple and stunning dessert at the same time. Made with bread, eggs, milk and sugar, the pudding can either be steamed.
Caramel Bread Pudding step by step
- Preheat your oven into 150°C..
- Cut your milk toast bread into small squares, set aside..
- Mix and heat your all custard ingredients, stir them until all dissolved and mixed well. Set aside..
- Beat 3 eggs, just until mix properly, no need to make it until foamy..
- Add milk mixture into the beaten egg, stir them well, and strain them to get smoother liquid.(custard liquid).
- Soak the bread inside the mould with custard liquid. Use spoon to help push it a lil bit down so all the bread could soak completely by the custard liquid..
- Let it rest for about 5 to 10 minutes..
- Mean while, we could make caramel sauce by heat the sugar and water, and tilt it slowly, until the colour become golden brown. After the colour becomes dark brown, turn off the stove, and add the 1/4 cup of water. Mix them well without stirring them using spoon, only tilt the pan until all mixed..
- Cool the caramel for a minute and spoon it over the raw bread pudding. (about 1 tbs) make a line in the middle top of it..
- Bake the bread pudding using double boiler method by pouring about 400 ml of water below the tray and bake it around 25-30 minutes (depend on your oven)..
- After done baking, let it rest for a bit inside the oven until the bread pudding look shrinking a bit, and take it out from the oven..
- Best serve when it is chilled..
- Note: you could skip the heavy cream ingredient for cutting the extra fat. Replace with 400 ml all low-fat milk in total..
Caramel apple bread pudding is the most comforting fall dessert. Mix most of apple pieces into bread-custard mixture. Transfer bread pudding mixture to prepared pan. When rich, custardy bread pudding is matched with bittersweet caramel, it's doubly delicious. To begin the preparation of Caramel Bread Pudding, tear the bread into pieces and add milk to it.