Banana foster bread pudding. It makes the perfect ending to a New Orleans' Mardi Gras party or a special dinner. This Banana Foster Bread Pudding is made with sliced challah bread soaked in spiced custard mixture. It is baked until golden and topped with brown sugar cooked bananas and caramel sauce.
Pour pudding into pan and mush all bread by hand so that the liquid is absorbed and the bread becomes very soggy. This Bananas Fosters Bread Pudding recipe was necessary this week. I needed to make something that would tame my wildest of cravings; something so rich and delicious that I would think about it for I realize that Bananas Foster Bread Pudding may not be this heroic for most people but it was for me. You can have Banana foster bread pudding using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana foster bread pudding
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of brown sugar (packed).
- You need 3/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 6 of firm ripe bananas.
- You need 1/4 cup of banana liqueur.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dark rum.
- You need 4 of large eggs, lighty beaten.
- It’s 3 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- Prepare 6 cup of day old bread[loaf](1/2 inch cubes).
- It’s 8 tbsp of butter.
Unmold and serve with pudding or ice cream. Learn how to make Bananas Foster Bread Pudding. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread. It's warm bread pudding, topped with bananas foster sauce with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream over the top of it all.
Banana foster bread pudding step by step
- Lighty butter 10 by 14 inch pan.
- Want to preheat oven at 350, I usually do that about an hour and half before we eat this so its still warm..
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. after the butter melts add 1 cup of brown sugar and the cinnamon and stir until the sugar is disolved.
- Add the bananas and cook both sides until soft and brown. then cut the bananas into half inch slices..
- Add the banana liqueur and stir to blend. carefully add the rum and tilt the pan to light the alcohol. shake back and forth to bast the bananas, until the flames die..
- Remove from the heat and let cool..
- Whisk together the eggs, remaining brown sugar, the cream, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl..
- Combine the banana mixture, bread, and cream mixture together. make sure all the bread gets coated and all blends throughly..
- Pour it into the baking dish and bake in the oven 50 minutes to an hour or until firm..
- When done remove and let cool for 20 minutes at least..
- Can serve with ice cream and a caramel sauce. I have added a recipe for a homemade caramel sauce. enjoy and I want to thank emeril lagasse for this recipe. it is a family favorite and asked to make for every holiday..
Instead of using 'Ohana breakfast bread, I used French bread. I still wanted the flavor of coconut and pineapple to come through (which comes from the breakfast bread in the. What I really love about this Vegan Bananas Foster Pudding is that you can make it with what you very probably already have in your kitchen: bread and bananas. Is there a home where those two aren't a staple? There's rum in this recipe, because it is a riff on the dessert Bananas Foster, and I.