Chocolate Amaretto Pudding Pie. Check Our Step-By-Step Guide To Bake Up A Sweet Treat For Your Loved Ones. Note from Edd: This recipe was developed in the UK using large eggs, which in the US is equivalent to extra large. Gradually add milk, stirring with a wire whisk until smooth.
Whisk egg yolks and milk in a medium bowl, then whisk into the sugar mixture. Combine over low heat with the chopped chocolate. Heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture has combined, smoothed, and thickened. You can have Chocolate Amaretto Pudding Pie using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Amaretto Pudding Pie
- Prepare of pudding.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cocoa.
- You need 1/2 cup of cornstarch.
- You need 4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of amaretto.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- You need of whipped cream topping.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 6 tbsp of confectioners sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of amaretto.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pure vanilla extract.
- You need of pie.
- Prepare 2 of graham cracker pie crust (9inch).
Remove from heat and add vanilla and amaretto. Pour the chocolate mixture over the egg whites, folding to combine. Cool mixture; when cooled, fold in the whipped cream. Black Forest Chocolate Trifle is an extraordinary dessert that is surprisingly easy to make.
Chocolate Amaretto Pudding Pie instructions
- In a mixing bowl combine granulated sugar, cocoa and cornstarch (sifting cocoa and cornstarch to remove any clumps) set aside..
- In a large saucepan combine the milk and amaretto.Cook over medium heat until hot but not boiling..
- Whisk the cocoa mixture into the saucepan constantly whisking. Bring mixture to a boil and cook for one minute..
- Remove pudding from heat and add the vanilla.Mix to combine.
- Pour pudding into the two pie shells. Cover the pies with plastic wrap (this prevents a film from forming). Refrigerate pies for at least two hours..
- When you refrigerate the pies, place a mixing bowl and whisk in freezer. I use an electric mixer so I put the beaters into freezer.This is for the next step..
- For the whipped topping, a few minutes before serving remove bowl and whisk/beaters from freezer. Place heavy cream in bowl and whisk/beat adding confectioner sugar one tablespoon at a time finishing with the teaspoon of amaretto and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla.Beat until soft peaks form..
- Slice pie add a dollop of cream and enjoy!.
Layers of chocolate cake, chocolate pudding and cherry pie filling form a beautiful make ahead dessert that everyone loves!. A sprinkle of cherry brandy (kirsch) or Amaretto (or a little of both!) add extra flavor and sophistication to this fabulous treat with little effort. Have a large roasting tin ready. The second it starts to bubble and thicken (note: It should be thick like pudding!) remove it from the heat. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth.