Noodle Kugel with a Twist. Kugel from Cook of the Week Roberta Fahey includes dried fruits for extra flavor. In a large bowl with an electic mixer, cream margarine and cream cheese until well combined. This sweet noodle Kugel from Delish.com is an absolute must make for Hanukkah.
Cut a piece of kugel, arrange pineapple on or around kugel and drizzle with syrup. This Vanilla Noodle Kugel is a simple yet luscious twist on the basic noodle kugel concept. Crush vanilla wafer cookies to a crumbly texture using a food processor, or by placing the cookies into a sealed plastic bag and pounding them with a mallet. You can have Noodle Kugel with a Twist using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Noodle Kugel with a Twist
- Prepare 1 lb of Wide Egg Noodles, Cooked and Drained.
- You need 1 cup of Butter, Melted.
- You need 16 oz of Cottage Cheese.
- Prepare 2 cup of Sour Cream.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 6 of Eggs, Beaten.
- It’s 8 oz of Crushed Pineapples, Drained.
- You need 1 of ` Ham Steak, Cut into Cubes.
Noodle kugel is a traditional Jewish dish made from egg noodles baked in a sweet or savory custard. I cover the pudding with a thick and crunchy cinnamon streusel instead; it not only. Sign up for our Nosher recipe newsletter! Kugel is one of the ultimate Jewish comfort dishes.
Noodle Kugel with a Twist instructions
- Preheat the oven 350°F. Spray 13×9 baking dish with nonstick spray..
- Combine the warm noodles and butter in a large glass bowl. Add the cottage cheese, sour cream, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla and stir gently. Add the eggs and mix gently but thoroughly. Add the pineapple and ham. Pour into prepared baking dish..
- Bake for 1 Hour.
This delicious Apple Noodle Kugel recipe is both sweet and savory. The apples are sauteed with onions raisins and cinnamon. Or combine them, for an interesting twist. This Apple Noodle Kugel recipe, in particular, is not too sweet and not too salty. I love to serve it as a side dish and not a dessert.