Bananas Foster Bread Pudding. This is the result of weeks and weeks of constantly thinking and obsessing over the idea of a "Bananas Foster." I tend to go down the rabbit hole a bit, but. This Banana Foster Bread Pudding is made with sliced challah bread soaked in spiced custard mixture. It is baked until golden and topped with brown sugar cooked bananas and caramel sauce.
I needed to make something that would tame my wildest of cravings; something so rich and delicious that I would think about it for weeks to come. But also, I needed something worthy of a celebration. This Bananas Foster Bread Pudding fits that bill perfectly, with a splash of rum in the pudding, as well as in the warm rum caramel sauce. You can cook Bananas Foster Bread Pudding using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bananas Foster Bread Pudding
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Butter, Softened.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar, Packed.
- You need 3 each of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sour Cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of Half & Half.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of Banana Flavored Rum (may substitute other banana flavored liqueur).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 dash of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 6 each of Bananas, Sliced.
- It’s 1 lb of French Bread, cubed.
It's also a plus that this bread pudding comes together in a flash and is the perfect, warm and delicious end to any Father's Day meal. Unmold and serve with pudding or ice cream. It's warm bread pudding, topped with bananas foster sauce with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream over the top of it all. I love anything with bananas Instead of using 'Ohana breakfast bread, I used French bread.
Bananas Foster Bread Pudding step by step
- Preheat oven to 325°F..
- Cream together butter and brown sugar..
- Add eggs one at a time until fully incorporated..
- Add cinnamon and vanilla..
- Add sour cream, half & half, milk, and rum until fully blended..
- Combine liquid mixture with sliced bananas and bread and fold together until bread soaks up most of the liquid..
- Pour mixture into greased 9 x 13 baking dish..
- Place in oven for 90 minutes or until top id golden brown, and pudding is firm and set..
- Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting..
I still wanted the flavor of coconut and pineapple to come through (which comes from. Northriver Yacht Club pastry chef Miranda Bowles' Bananas Foster Bread Pudding Souffle (above) is a great fall treat, just in time for Thanksgiving. (Photo courtesy of Miranda Bowles). Let this mixture caramelize over heat for approx. What I really love about this Vegan Bananas Foster Pudding is that you can make it with what you very probably already have in your kitchen: bread and bananas. Is there a home where those two aren't a staple?