Chocolate pots de crème. Bring cream and milk just to simmer in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Add chocolate; whisk until melted and smooth. Put the chocolate into a medium bowl.
I have seen pot de crème recipes where eggs are involved and you use boiling cream to cook the eggs, but that seems more complicated than necessary. The operative word here is easy. Simply place chocolate chips, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a high speed blender and blend until you have fine chocolate dust. You can cook Chocolate pots de crème using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate pots de crème
- You need 1 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 3 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips (or 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped).
With a fork, stir chocolate mixture until smooth, then gradually stir into yolk mixture. These little Chocolate Pots de Crème are incredibly simple to make at home and are perfect for making ahead too. You can pop them in the fridge for as long as two days, and. Chocolate Pot de Creme is a simple French custard dessert recipe made with only a few ingredients!
Chocolate pots de crème step by step
- In saucepan, combine cream, chocolate, and sugar. Cook and whisk over medium heat until boiling and thickened, about 10 minutes..
- Meanwhile, whisk egg yolks in medium bowl..
- When chocolate has thickened, remove from heat. Whisk slooooowly into egg yolks, about 1/4 cup at a time (so you don't scramble the eggs)..
- Whisk in vanilla..
- Pour into 4 small ramekins and chill 4-24 hours. If chilling longer than 4 hours, cover after chocolate has completely cooled..
- Serve with chocolate shavings or whipped cream, if desired..
Almost everyone loves chocolate so chocolate desserts are our go-to dessert. These easy Chocolate Pots de Creme are made with only a few. Be sure to check them before the recommended baking time since ovens also vary. In a heavy saucepan, bring cream and milk to a boil. Remove from heat; whisk in chopped chocolate until smooth.