Granny's Bread Pudding. This warm and comforting recipe is best served any time of the year with your favorite brand of vanilla ice cream. Filled with the sweet flavors of vanilla, freshly ground nutmeg, plump raisins, and sugar, this recipe is the perfect way to end any meal. Learn how to cook great Grannies bread pudding.
My Mother always cooked exceptionally great food with few ingredients, and her Very Simplistic Bread Pudding was no exception. Growing up, I never thought of this dessert as a no frills dessert, just a delicious comfort food. Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, pudding mix, half-and-half, sour cream and. You can have Granny's Bread Pudding using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Granny's Bread Pudding
- It’s 1 box of bisquick make.
- You need 18 of biscuits/ or from scratch.
- It’s 16 oz of chocolate chips or more.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 3 tsp of vanilla extract or imitation.
- It’s 3 large of eggs.
- It’s 1 can of evaporated milk.
Combine bread and raisins in large bowl. Stir in all remaining pudding ingredients. How to Make GRANDMAS OLD FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING. Place soft bread cubes in pan.
Granny's Bread Pudding instructions
- make18 biscuits using directions on a box of biscuits you can make them from scratch if you want. They do not have to be pretty..
- after you make your biscuits let em cool then crumble them in a large mixing bowl.
- add about a cup of sugar you may want to taste it after you get everything mixed.. it's one of those (til it ) recipes.
- add vanilla.
- add your eggs.
- add your milk you may want to add a little more or less. when you mix the ingredients it should have a very moist consistency..
- add your chocolate chips.. I have used butterscotch chips and carmel as well but chocolate chips are the best and the original..
- mix it all together again…
- poor into a well greased 9×13 pan.. I like using an angel food cake pan too..
- bake on 350 for 45 minutes to 1hr…
- you'll know it's done when its golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean…..
Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg over bread and raisins in pan. Blend sugar and eggs with whisk. Combine bread and raisins in large bowl. Comfort food at its best – breakfast, dessert, or snack! This bread pudding recipe is one that has been in Josh's family for years and comes from his Grandmother Linda.