Vegan cinnamon chocolate rice pudding. Find Deals on Vegan Rice Pudding in Baking Supplies on Amazon. Traditional chocolate rice pudding, also known as Champorado, is a less healthy type of dessert. This vegan rice pudding recipe, however, is quite the opposite.
This vegan rice pudding recipe is inspired by the Spanish rice pudding Arroz con leche. The lemon and orange zest infuses the rice pudding with a warming citrusy flavour, and the cinnamon adds a richness. If you want to be even more authentic to the Spanish way of making rice pudding, then add a stick of cinnamon in when you first cook the rice. You can have Vegan cinnamon chocolate rice pudding using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan cinnamon chocolate rice pudding
- You need 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 4 cups of Chocolate soymilk.
- Prepare 1 cup of rice.
- You need 2 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of color vermicelli.
- Prepare of Some chocolate chips.
Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, lower the heat to low. Coconut rice pudding can be flavored with different flavors, the most traditional is coconut essence; You can also use cinnamon, vanilla or orange. Honestly, that rice pudding was far from healthy.
Vegan cinnamon chocolate rice pudding instructions
- Take heavy bottom pan transfer rice to it. Now Whisk together 1/4 cup of milk and cocoa to form a paste and then stir in remaining milk and caster sugar..
- Add milk mixture to rice. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 35 minutes, stirring every 3,4 minutes. Remove lid and add cinnamon cook for a further 7,8 minutes..
- Serve rice pudding with fruit, cream or garnish with chocolate chips, color vermicelli.
It was loaded with sugar and heavy cream and who knows what else. I had previously thought that rice pudding sounded kind or boring, but this stuff was anything but. I decided it was time to create a vegan rice pudding that was as rich and creamy and delicious as my old. Yes, you can still totally enjoy rich, decadent rice pudding without the dairy and loads of sugar. This healthy rice pudding recipe is super simple to make, and tastes just like the real thing!