Scones with Pancake Mix and Custard Pudding. Add baking mix and sugar to a large bowl. It's the biscuit method, which is used to mix most biscuits and scones. It is sometimes called the pastry method because it incorporates the same technique as for mixing pie dough.
This homemade pancake mix uses cornflour or cornstarch. This lightens up the mix resulting in a lighter batter that gives you fluffier pancakes, and If rubbery pancakes are a problem, then this mix is the solution! Rubbery pancakes happen because you over-mix the batter, and the flour forms too. You can have Scones with Pancake Mix and Custard Pudding using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Scones with Pancake Mix and Custard Pudding
- It’s 1 of packet Pancake mix.
- You need 200 ml of Custard Pudding (3-cup type).
- You need 40 grams of Butter.
- It’s 1 of this time i used 40 grams of chocolate chips Chocolate chips (optional).
Today's custard pudding recipe is SUPER easy, and when I say easy, I really mean it. It doesn't take much time to prepare and tastes heavenly. This is a great homemade dessert to impress your guests for dinner parties, or as a surprise for your family. You won't believe how simple it is until you make it.
Scones with Pancake Mix and Custard Pudding instructions
- Preheat the oven to 190℃. Take the butter out of the fridge and dice it..
- Put the pancake mix, custard pudding and butter in a food processor and pulse until the dough is formed. If you don't have a food processor, cut the butter into the flour with a fork, and form the dough into a clump with your hands..
- If you want add something like chocolate chips, add at this point. This time, I put chocolate chips..
- Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper and roll out with a rolling pin..
- Cut into any shape you like with a wet knife. If you want to shape into circles, they look cute if you cut out with a glass, etc..
- You can cut them into triangles. I cut the dough into 6 equal pieces in this photo..
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 190℃ and they are done..
With our scone mixes, you can make delicious traditional English scones easily and quickly. Nothing can beat the taste of freshly baked scones with clotted cream and jam. Visit our English Tea Blog to learn more. Pancake mixes may contain slightly more sugar, though, resulting in a sweeter final product. When it's time to whip up a batch of biscuits or scones, don't worry if you are out of Bisquick.