Chocolate Malva pudding. Malva Pudding Chocolate – A decadent traditional South African dessert that you just have to try! Rich, moist, chocolatey and oh so easy! Oh my, I can't believe Valentine's Day is around the corner.
For the sauce, mix ingredients in a pot over medium heat. Chocolate malva pudding is a combination of a sauce and a cake-like pudding. Therefore, the preparation entails making batter and sauce separately. You can cook Chocolate Malva pudding using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Malva pudding
- You need 250 ml of caster sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 15 ml of apricot jam.
- It’s 300 ml of flour.
- It’s 2,5 ml of bicarbonate of soda.
- It’s 1 ml of salt.
- It’s 40 g of butter.
- You need 15 ml of vinegar.
- Prepare 125 ml of milk.
- Prepare 50 g of chocolate chips.
- Prepare of For Sauce.
- You need 250 ml of cream.
- Prepare 115 g of butter.
- It’s 80 g of dark chocolate,chopped.
But this should not worry you as preparation and cooking take at most one hour and fifteen minutes. Below are recipes on how to make malva pudding. Chocolate malva pudding easy recipe All Pudding and Desserts Old Style and Favourite SA Recipes. Bring the cream, sugar and glucose to the boil.
Chocolate Malva pudding step by step
- Preheat oven to 180'c.
- Add the caster sugar,eggs and apricot jam to a large mixing bowl and beat until pale and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl,sift the flour,bicarbonate of soda and salt,then whisk to 8incorporate. In a small saucepan over a low heat,melt the butter,then stir in the vinegar and milk, mixing until combined..
- Add the dry mixture to the sugar mixture and combine.add the buttery milk mixture and whisk until smooth batter forms.fold in the chocolate chips.grease a baking pan and pour in the mixture.
- Bake for 40minutes or until sticky and brown in colour.
- Sauce: add the cream and butter to a saucepan over a medium heat and stir until the butter is melted pour in the chocolate and stir until incorporate. Pour the sauce over the warm pudding and serve.
Add the remaining cream, and blend the mixture until smooth. Malva Pudding & Syrup Grant Hawthorne's recipe for chocolate studded Cape malva pudding This dessert is a lighter version of sticky toffee pudding and is a speciality from Cape Town. Malva pudding is a sweet and rich cake of Cape Dutch origin, that is as entrenched in the Afrikaans culture as koeksisters or melktert. It is prepared with apricot jam and a little brown vinegar, which give this delicious traditional South African dessert a caramelized texture that is to die for. It is then covered with a cream sauce while it.