Chocolate mousse. Find Deals on Chocolate Mousse Mix in Food & Snacks on Amazon. With the easy pulse of an electric blender, this rich, brandy-enhanced chocolate mousse can be whipped up in a jiffy. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly and the infirm do not consume raw eggs.
Chocolate mousse has very few ingredients so it's important to use the best quality chocolate — its flavor will shine through. I like semi-sweet chocolate but if you prefer your mousse with a darker chocolate flavor, use bittersweet. Remember, the higher the cacao percentage, the less sweet the chocolate.. You can cook Chocolate mousse using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate mousse
- Prepare 150 of grm coarsely chopped(75% dark chocolate).
- You need 350 ml of whipping cream (cold).
- Prepare 3 of egg whites.
- You need 30 of grm sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Chill metal mixing bowl and mixer beaters in freezer. Chocolate mousse is the ultimate dessert for any chocolate lover. Whisk together yolks, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a metal bowl until combined well, then add hot cream in a slow stream. Less cream, more chocolate, a more intense chocolate flavour and a beautiful creamy mouth feel.
Chocolate mousse step by step
- On low heat melt chocolate in a large bowl set over a bain marie or in a double boiler.
- Remove from heat.Add cocoa powder and vanilla extract.Mix well and keep aside..
- Beat the cream until it forms soft peaks. Keep aside at room temperature..
- Whisk egg whites to soft peaks.Gradually add sugar and continue whisking until firm..
- Fold the egg whites into the melted chocolate.When the whites are completely incorporated, fold in the whipped cream.
- Spoon into individual bowls or glasses. Top with sweetened whipped cream if desired..
- Cover the mousse and refrigerate until set..
- Serve cold..
Heat until chocolate is fully melted and mixture is smooth. This Chocolate Mousse Recipe is THE BEST! I have made Chocolate Mousse before…but have never really found a recipe that I liked. I tried to develop my own a few years back which ended in spoon throwing and tears. Chocolate mousse is the decidedly decadent, old-school dessert you've been overlooking for far too long.