Chocolate Pot De Creme. Buy Pots De Creme Cups at Amazon. Pots de crème are French desserts that mean 'pot of custard' or 'pot of cream'. And in this case, it's a literal pot of chocolate cream, and oh so good.
How to make Chocolate Pot de Creme. This perfect little chocolate dessert comes together easily. First, add the chopped chocolate to a blender. You can cook Chocolate Pot De Creme using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Pot De Creme
- It’s 24 oz. of Chocolate Chips.
- Prepare 5 of Egg Yolks.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 of Heavy Cream.
- You need 1/2 of Milk.
Next, combine the milk, cream, egg yolks, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Cook until thickened and coats the back of a spoon. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. With a fork, stir chocolate mixture until smooth, then gradually stir into yolk mixture.
Chocolate Pot De Creme instructions
- Place Chocolate chips in seperate heat proof bowl.
- Whisk egg yolks to smooth texture in mixing bowl.
- Combine sugar, milk, & heavy cream in small pot. Continously stir on high till boil.
- Combine milk/cream mixture to egg yolks by whisking in bowl then, add back to pot..
- Whisk custard on medium low heat (do not break the eggs) for aprox. 4 minutes..
- Add custard to chocolate chips, whisk together..
- In a blender, blend pot de creme mixture until smooth.
- Pour in ramekins and serve..
Chocolate Pots de Crème don't have many ingredients – so a great quality chocolate will make a big difference. Put the chocolate into a medium bowl. Combine the cream and milk in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Be sure to check them before the recommended baking time since ovens also vary. In a heavy saucepan, bring cream and milk to a boil.